Bad
Good

Morningside Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2012
I went to register my child and the secretary, Mrs. Krebs was not very friendly at all. She came off as very rude. She did not speak to my child and was not very welcoming. Even a teacher we passed coming in and enough common decency to speak to my child and tried to engage in a small conversation. However, the principal was very nice and friendly. One would thing the first encounter meeting someone new would be pleasurable and inviting, with Mrs Krebs was not.

Posted June 14, 2012
This school goes above and beyond and make you feel like family . The teachers are so friendly and helpful.

Morningside Elementary School 3

Posted November 28, 2010
There was changes this year at this school that I am not excited about , I miss our other principal who seemed to be much more caring and there have been no activities. I am very disappointed this year in the Moringside team and sure hope to see Mrs Plypton back in the office !!!

Posted June 03, 2009
My son goes to Morningside and I don't think you would ever find another school that has a principal and teachers as committed to the students. I have nothing except great things to say about this school and all of its staff. Lovace Bowman

Posted December 19, 2006
I believe this school is one of the very best in the state of Virginia

Posted August 05, 2005
I am very happy with my sons progress at this school. He was transferred to this school after a move. Since being at this school it is no longer a fight to get him to go to school every morning and his grades have improved and the learning is remembered. Unlike the last school he was at. Over all I am very pleased with Morningside school...I think it is one (if not the best) school in the area!

Posted April 26, 2004
I believe the staff @ Morningside Elementary works very hard to provide the students with the best atmosphere for their educational learning experience. As a parent, I feel it is important for a student to have a good atmosphere to work in free of worries of safety, security, etc. My child has attended Morningside for 4 years. He loves and is proud of his teachers, principal and school.

Morningside Elementary School
1716 Wilson Avenue SE, Roanoke, VA  24013
Last modified Morningside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.