Roanoke, VA

Posted October 08, 2013
My School has been nothing short of wonderful. The staff is so nice and helpful. We as parents feel comfortable knowing our son is in great care and see his growth after only after a few months of pre k.

Fishburn Park Elementary School 1

Posted September 08, 2011
A teacher at this school yelled at me for parking in the wrong unloading loop. She was loud, disrespectful & unprofessional. if she would have been quiet for a second I would have apoligized. I spoke with the principal about this teacher & told her that if she would speak to another adult this way, I feel sorry for the 3yr olds. i wouldnt want her caring for my dog!! the principal asked me to leave stating i offended her by suggesting her staff isnt great. i did apoligize for parking at the wrong area for my child's grade. it isnt what you say, but how you say it!!!

Posted July 24, 2010
My granddaughter had an exceptional experience at this preschool program. The teacher was energetic, structured, and spent lots of time getting to know my child and her family. We received daily communication about school and were given lots of ideas on how to supplement the classroom instructiion. She also learned a lot about recycling and going"green" with the new theme school. We loved our experience at this school.

Fishburn Park Elementary School

Posted April 13, 2010
We love that our school has such a dedicated and devoted principal and teaching staff! We also love the environmental focus our school has and the hands-on experiences our children receive!

Posted October 04, 2009
I love the idea of the school going 'Green' and involving the teachers, students, and community.

Fishburn Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2006
We have three boys in this school, grades 2, 4, and 5. The discipline is horrible. My 4th grader has his class disrupted on a daily basis. The child(ren) in question is/are not punished adequately -- only sent out into the hallway, so that he may disrupt other classes. I would not recommend your child go to this school. Choose a County school if you can, even if you have to pay tuition.

Fishburn Park Elementary School 3

Posted May 25, 2004
My son is a 4th grade student at Fishburn. He started here in Kindergarten. I have been thoroughly pleased with the programs, activities and education my son participates in at school. I believe Fishburn offers fantastic enrichment opportunities to apply their knowledge (i.e. work in the greenhouse, Earth Hour, etc.). However, we have had a great deal of difficulty this school year with discipline problems. Also, my son has always worked in the 'advanced' group since 1st grade. This year, he was not offered that option. Instead he has been bored all year, finding little or no challenge in the material. He is not the only student experiencing this, per his friends' parents. Although I have recommended Fishburn to many others in the past, we have become dissatisfied with the school. My son will go elsewhere next year.

Fishburn Park Elementary School
3057 Colonial Ave SW, Roanoke, VA  24015
Last modified Fishburn Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fishburn Park Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top