Bad
Good

Previous reviewer. This is still a great school. My oldest is now in 2nd grade. Middle in pre-k. Oldest still loves school & he does really good. Middle just started this year. Adjustments being made & they are really working with it. Great patience with children. Very friendly staff & teachers.

Great school if you don't care about your children. Our child was assaulted by teacher's aid and still around other Children without parents being notified.... Disgusting

I have two children attending RAMS and we LOVE it! We are in the process of moving and trying to finda residence still in the school area. As a native of Roanoke, I have attended two elementary schools, Westside and Fairview. However, I wouldn't dream of my children going to one of those schools. The teachers at RAMS are loving and caring, I do believe there could be more parent involvement in the school (parents sending in items requested instead of relying on the teachers). My children really blossomed from starting at RAMS and we appreciate everything they have done to make a positive impact in our lives!! Thanks RAMS keep up the good work!

Not happy with RAMS right now, this was our first yr at the school and it seems they put on a big show for 5th graders at end of yr but dont care about the kindergarteners, did no graduation for them and any classroom awards given were simply just thrown into folders like any other day, kindergarten is just as important as 5th gr. its like they dont even care!!

My two children were transfered unwillingly to RAMS and we have had a bad time ever since. While they were at Virginia Heights they were nurtured and treated with kindness and respect. At RAMS my first grader has had homework every night totaling around 2 hours each night. And my fith grader, while her teachers have been better, she is not stimulated at all. The principal took away their recess time her whole fourth grade year because the fourth graders the year before did badlly on their SOL's. I HATE RAMS. And I did not want them there, i was given no choice and my children have paid terribly for it.

My daughters 1st grade teacher is smart. Her education back ground is phenomenal. She really seems to be about the students.

My goddaughter is in the first grade there and from what her mother has been telling me she is really enjoying her teacher. The teacher cares a great deal about her students.

My daughter is in Pre-k at rams. I truely believe that sending her to school this year expesually at Rams was the best thing i could have done for her. She went from not speaking much to talking understanably, starting to know her ABC, knowing her shapes and colors, learning music. It's the best school.

My children previously attended Preston Park and the teachers seemed to really care. The teachers at Roanoke Academy seem to just be getting a pay check and not having a true concern for your child's well-being. My children both make A's but the work is not at all challenging and alot of the graded assignments would just have check marks as if the teacher didn't even care to really review their answers. Not one time did my children go on a single field trip while at Roanoke Academy last school year. They have also been Accredited with a warning the past 3 school years.

Last modified Roanoke Academy For Math & Science Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.