Bad
Good

Posted October 06, 2015
Great school if you don't care about your children. Our child was assaulted by teacher's aid and still around other Children without parents being notified.... Disgusting

Posted January 21, 2014
This is my sons first year of school, and I am very pleased. He loves going to school when he goes. They really work with the children here. I have seen a great improvement since he has started school this year. I will recommend this school to anybody looking.

Posted January 22, 2012
I have two children attending RAMS and we LOVE it! We are in the process of moving and trying to finda residence still in the school area. As a native of Roanoke, I have attended two elementary schools, Westside and Fairview. However, I wouldn't dream of my children going to one of those schools. The teachers at RAMS are loving and caring, I do believe there could be more parent involvement in the school (parents sending in items requested instead of relying on the teachers). My children really blossomed from starting at RAMS and we appreciate everything they have done to make a positive impact in our lives!! Thanks RAMS keep up the good work!

Roanoke Academy For Math & Science Elementary 3

Posted June 08, 2011
Not happy with RAMS right now, this was our first yr at the school and it seems they put on a big show for 5th graders at end of yr but dont care about the kindergarteners, did no graduation for them and any classroom awards given were simply just thrown into folders like any other day, kindergarten is just as important as 5th gr. its like they dont even care!!

Posted May 19, 2011
My two children were transfered unwillingly to RAMS and we have had a bad time ever since. While they were at Virginia Heights they were nurtured and treated with kindness and respect. At RAMS my first grader has had homework every night totaling around 2 hours each night. And my fith grader, while her teachers have been better, she is not stimulated at all. The principal took away their recess time her whole fourth grade year because the fourth graders the year before did badlly on their SOL's. I HATE RAMS. And I did not want them there, i was given no choice and my children have paid terribly for it.

Posted September 16, 2009
My daughters 1st grade teacher is smart. Her education back ground is phenomenal. She really seems to be about the students.

Posted September 16, 2009
My goddaughter is in the first grade there and from what her mother has been telling me she is really enjoying her teacher. The teacher cares a great deal about her students.

Posted February 05, 2009
My daughter is in Pre-k at rams. I truely believe that sending her to school this year expesually at Rams was the best thing i could have done for her. She went from not speaking much to talking understanably, starting to know her ABC, knowing her shapes and colors, learning music. It's the best school.

Roanoke Academy For Math & Science Elementary 2

Posted July 30, 2008
My children previously attended Preston Park and the teachers seemed to really care. The teachers at Roanoke Academy seem to just be getting a pay check and not having a true concern for your child's well-being. My children both make A's but the work is not at all challenging and alot of the graded assignments would just have check marks as if the teacher didn't even care to really review their answers. Not one time did my children go on a single field trip while at Roanoke Academy last school year. They have also been Accredited with a warning the past 3 school years.

Posted February 14, 2004
Would never recommend this school. I requested special education testing for my child after difficulties. Request never completed and 1 year later after being told he most likely will be retained no one can find doctor reports. It took a whole year to complete to diagnos his ADHD & his occupational therapy recommendation was completely disregarded. To date no help and no follow through, my child has offically fallen through the cracks. Teacher switched mid-year and not told of his problems. This was not known to me until I received letter about retaining him.

1616 Nineteenth St Nw, Roanoke, VA  24017
Last modified Roanoke Academy For Math & Science Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.