Stonewall Jackson Middle School 4

Posted May 02, 2012
Students that behave poorly is a reflection on bad parenting, not the school. My daughter has gone to Stonewall Jackson Middle School for 2 years now. The staff, they are amazing. They have always been kind, open, and respectful to me and my daughter. The staff go above and beyond from what I've seen. They arrange special study sessions to extra curricular activities such as field trips/athletic/academic competitions. The school offers several different methods for parents to be involved, however, it's been my experience that the same handful of parents are the only ones ever showing up for the events. The school provides the opportunity, but, it's not the school's fault that these parents are unable to attend or participate in the lives of their own children. Parents raise children, schools are for teaching basic math/language/arts/science fundamentals. If you have a problem with the students at Jackson, take it up with the parents that are raising the children, and not the school.

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 1

Posted April 15, 2011
This is my sons 2nd year at jackson and so far it is the WORST school my son has ever gone to there is bullying,drama almost EVERYDAY and the teachers dont treat the students fair and when you report the bullying they say they "will" take care of it and another thing if your about to let your child go to jackson tell them to leave anything expensive electronics at home because that school is almost full of no good stealers

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 3

Posted January 21, 2010
This is my son's first year at the school. He is doing okay academically, and the teachers seem okay, but I agree that many of the students come from rough backgrounds. My poor son got beat up twice in one day. Thank God he has good self-esteem and can handle it, but I am getting him out of there at the soonest opportunity!

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 3

Posted January 20, 2010
I am a parent of a honor student. 1st two years were great with average 'drama'. This last year, not even half way thru student drama , teacher drama , just not thinking this school was a right choice for us. Teachers should treat every student equal.

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 0

Posted May 01, 2009
I am a student. I am in the school right now!! I hate it here. The teachers are great and so is the staff, the problem is the students. There is way to much Drama. I suggest that the principal gives the students here a harsh wake up call. I would deffinitly agree that this school is great, the students here are the problem.

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 5

Posted February 25, 2008

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 2

Posted August 14, 2007
The teachers were great but there were a lot of dicipline problems that interrupted the students' education.

Stonewall Jackson Middle School 4

Posted October 28, 2004

Stonewall Jackson Middle School
1004 Montrose Ave SE, Roanoke, VA  24013
Last modified Stonewall Jackson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stonewall Jackson Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top