Posted May 28, 2008
Highland Park is a wonderful neighborhood school. The IB program is solid and values critical thinking over rote memorization, the activities are engaging, and the faculty has done an amazing job. OSW is the perfect neighborhood for us and we are proud of this school too!

Posted April 18, 2008
Highland Park is a great place! Teachers are very willing to do whatever it takes and the administration is wonderful.

Posted April 12, 2008
Not only has Highland Park exceeded all of my expecations, but the dedication and passion that they bring to education is truly inspiring. My children have attended Higland Park over the last 3 years, and we have been thrilled with the experience!!! It truly is a place where learning thrives!

Highland Park Elementary School 2

Posted March 14, 2007
After only a short time in this area, I found this school to be less than satisfactory! Most of the staff seem disconnected even uninterested to me and my family.

Highland Park Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2004
I think that the Spanish Curriculum is excellent. My daughter has really excelled in this area. I think that the general curriculum does not challenge some students enought leaving a great deal of time with nothing to do if they are not requiring extra help. Parent involvement is not highly encouraged unless part of the the 'inner circle' of the PTA. Notification of PTA meetings and other parent related activities are very short--receiving a flyer the day of the meeting or a few days ahead of time not allow those of use with busy schedules to plan to attend. Organization of the staff is not great but the staff does really seem to care for the children as if they are their own. Overall I would not recommend this school as a Magnet as it is but my daughter doesn't want to leave because of the Spanish.

Highland Park Elementary School
1212 5th St SW, Roanoke, VA  24016
Last modified Highland Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top