Roanoke, VA

Cave Spring Elementary School 1

Posted April 15, 2014
My daughter has attended this school twice with a gap between school years. The first year she came home with a staff infection. Enough said there. This next time the staff has been extremely rude, pretty much told me they gave her a lower grade so she would have something to work towards. I have only called the school with concerns twice this year and both times had to call back or go back repeatedly to get a response. The staff is rude and more concerned with placing blame then solving problems. School has switched my daughters classes around without any kind of consult to me. I have been very displeased with the right out disorganization and laziness of these people both times!

Cave Spring Elementary School 3

Posted November 09, 2013
The school has a good academic program, but is full of bullies which is not controlled by the teachers. Teachers also show partiality to athletes and popular kids. If you don't fit into the athletic mold or are part of the popular families, then your children are excluded.

Cave Spring Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2013
Our state will not follow the common core standards. We are one of two states that have opted out. I have come from a state that was already incorporating them and I am very pleased with the education my children are getting here. We have a great PTA at our school and wonderful kids. I will not say that I like all the teachers, because I can think of a few that I do not care for, but overall, most of the teachers go above and beyond what is expected of them. I think the school improves every year.

Posted December 07, 2012
We are new to the area and did a lot of research on schools in the community. My son has some special needs and we are very involved in being an advocate for him. I have been so pleased with everything about this school. The principal is highly involved and very personable, the teachers are excellent, the aides are great, the staff is friendly, and the student ratio is also very good. My son works with many people at Cave Spring Elementary, such as the speech therapist, school psychologist, occupational therapist, and others. They are all friendly, caring, and genuine. I have personal relationships with all of them. The teacher-student ratio is also the lowest among the county schools. The building is newly remodeled, very clean, and conveys a sense of community. Technology is implemented in the classrooms, as my son works with the Ipad almost everyday. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted July 31, 2009
we researched all of the schools before moving to roanoke. we found that cave spring elem. was one of the best schools in the area. everyone there seems nice and caring of the childs future. both of our children have attended cave spring elem. and i recommend it to anyone in the area.they really encourage parent participation in everything.

Posted May 27, 2008
I have found that the leadership in this school is very professional, and that they try their best to accomodate students who are in special education. My daughter has enjoyed her years spent there, and the teachers have been more very willing to work with us on her accomodations and needs.

Posted October 25, 2004
This school is truly outstanding. Many fine teachers, an enriched curriculum, and extensive parental involvement made this school a joy for my children.

Posted May 07, 2004
Excellent. Principal devoted to technology. Parent volunteers and involvement unsurpassed. Innovative academic and PTA programs.

Posted April 02, 2004
Both my children attended this school. We were very pleased with most of the teachers. Overall, give them an 'A'.

5404 Springlawn Ave, Roanoke, VA  24018
Last modified Cave Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cave Spring Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top