Roanoke, VA

Cave Spring High School 3

Posted December 22, 2013
Most teachers are wonderful here, but my kid has come home very upset, because she feels some teachers don't treat her with respect. *cough *cough Larry Hill

Cave Spring High School 3

Posted September 18, 2013
I went to cave spring and enjoyed it. The curriculum itself is really strong. I think that they probably prepare you for college better than most schools. I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to fighting, this school is made up of a bunch of rich white kids and there is the occasional verbal argument and maybe one fist fight among the very few lower class kids that go to this school, it is VERY safe. I wouldn't suggest transferring your kids here if they have gone to other high schools, especially out of state because most people I know who did that had a very hard time passing classes, as for me, I started kindergarten in this school district and had straight A's throughout high school and currently attend VCU with a 3.3 GPA. So, long story short, start your kids in the area if you are considering this school at all. If you live in this school district do not pay for private school because the public schools are just as good.

Posted December 12, 2010
Cave Spring is amazing. It is very easy to get along with other students and become friends. The teachers are very nice and there are plenty of chances to get help one on one. My mom went to Cave Spring as well and she loved it too. Some people may think that it is hard to pass classes there but the teachers really make sure that you understand everything. I am passing all of my classes with no trouble. I noticed that someone commented saying that there is alot of violence at school. There really isn't. In the 3 years that I have been going here, I havn't heard of that many fights. All around Cave Spring High is an amazing school and I love it!

Posted June 01, 2010
I attended this school in the late 90's into 2001. In my experience the academics were top notch for a public school education. Cave spring consistently scores well on standarized testing and highly on the average SAT score. More than just scores, Cave Spring sends a lot of kids to college and a very high percent of those graduate as well. As a parent and someone that lives in the northern va area where public schools would do anything to be like Cave Spring, appreciate what you have in Roanoke County. Its safe, constructive, and consistent. If you really think its bad or tough at Cave Spring, come and view schools in Herndon, Sterling, or Fairfax, VA. These are some of the richest counties in the United States and they have as much as 40% of high school students affiliated with gangs

Cave Spring High School 2

Posted March 26, 2010
I'm a parent of a sophomore that goes here. She is always coming home telling me about a fight that took place and i'm not sure if I like what i'm hearing. I'm thinking about transfering her to a safer school like Hidden Valley. I've heard no complaints of violence from friends who have children there.

Cave Spring High School 4

Posted March 29, 2009
I like Cave Spring because it is very diverse and has many fun people. Any group of friends one could think of is here. The teachers are a little old and fast paced but it is very challenging. Our sports are great, basketball was the state champions this year. Overall, fine school

Cave Spring High School 2

Posted June 20, 2008
Sports is awful at Cave Spring since the creation of Hidden Valley High. Almost all students flock to get into the new high school leaving this old run down school in the dust. Most of the teachers left to teach at the new high school providing a weak system for the school.

Posted June 06, 2008
Cave Spring High School has excellent academics, sports, and other activities that prepare high school students for life. This school takes a skill of a student and uses it to the maximum by helping the kids make a way for themselves and by helping them get into a college, usually of the student's choice.

Posted March 27, 2007
Excellent academic programs and availability of advanced courses. Lots of activities for students to get involved in. Great parent involvement, teachers excellent!

Posted September 19, 2006
Cave Spring High School, is a wonderful school who focuses on making our children positive members of society. High emphasis on academics, athletics and truly cares about our children and making them see what they can truly accomplish.

Cave Spring High School
3712 Chaparral Dr, Roanoke, VA  24018
Last modified Cave Spring High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cave Spring High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top