Roanoke, VA

Glen Cove Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2013
My children attend Glen Cove Elementary School; I attended Glen Cove Elementary; This school has really declined over the years from one of the best Elementary Schools in the region to just average at best; Some of the few older staff that has been there for along time still remain and those quality top notch teachers and staff keep this school afloat; There has been a influx of kids from the city schools that some have discipline problems and are requiring a-lot more attention and it takes away from a Teacher teaching and the attention from the other children; Also the Admin. Staff is quick to side with the discipline problem children and there parents than the well behaved children and there parents because they don't want to take a chance of being label as a racist or and elitist against the poorer or different ethnicity; It's really gotten bad.

Posted April 24, 2010
My children and one of my grandchildren have gone to Glen Cove and i think it is one of the best schools in the county. They have the best teachers and staff!

Posted April 29, 2009
Glen Cove is an excellent school. The teachers have worked with my son to overcome speech and reading difficulties. He is now in 3rd grade and is on his grade level with additional help in the classroom. He is making good grades. They have helped him achieve what I thought would never be possible. His teachers also worked closely with Huntington Learning centers to assure his success. The combination of prvate help and our school have worked wonders for my son. I would highly recommend Glen Cove to any parent looking for a great school!

Posted March 25, 2008
Glen Cove has worked with my son since he was 3yrs old. They have provided speech therapy and additional help for strengthening his reading and writing skills. The principal and asst. principal have been wonderful in working with us to overcome my sons difficulties.They have worked well with The Huntington Learning Center as a joint effort to get him up to grade level. The staff is friendly and helpful. There is a good mix of different races and backgrounds, so my child will grow to accept and appreciate all the wonderful diverse people in our world. Jane K.

Posted June 14, 2007
My son attended only 5th grade at Glen Cove (transferred from out of state), but it was a very good year for him. The school has a good reputation and it lived up to that for us. I'd recommend it highly

Posted January 21, 2007
I think Glen Cove is an Excellent school. I went there as a child and then my children attended there. That is bare none one of the best schools in Roanoke. They prepare your children for everything, they help special needs children, I just can't say enough about this school

5901 Cove Rd, Roanoke, VA  24019
Last modified Glen Cove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Cove Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top