Posted June 06, 2012
I have 3 children that are currently enrolled at Oak Grove. Love all the teachers and especially all the parents that are involved at school. I look forward to volunteering b/c of all the nice staff and PTA members. Being asian and divorced I felt welcomed and non-judged. My children being mixed (asian/white) fit right in (no bullying or name calling). Great school!

Oak Grove Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are great and the administrators support the children.

Posted June 15, 2009
I have one child in this school and I've been pleased with how the school has exceeded my expectations. It is quickly apparent how invested the teachers and parents are in the education of the children. There are many opportunities for childen to become involved in school activities. My child was able to read proficiently by the end of her Kindergarten year. It is obvious that the other parents in her class were as equally invested in their child's learning experience as I was in my child's learning. I applaud the staff's dedication and would not dream of ever leaving this school.

Posted August 22, 2008
I have two children here, and the school is the best in the Roanoke/Salem area. The principal is outstanding, as she maintains active involvement in all areas of the school. She knows all of the students by name. She maintains a high level of academic achievement for the students, and she does not tolerate negative behavior. She has a great relationship with the PTA. My kids love going there, and we chose Oak Grove over private school.

Oak Grove Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2008
I was disappointed by both the curriculum and the principal at this school. I have 2 very bright straight A students and they were bored. I also don't like their policy on bullies. I think they tend to enable the bully and forget about the nice kid. The principal does not like to hear about problems and seems unapproachable. (I never had to because my children don't break the rules). It was also difficult to become involved if you are a new parent. The school AND city in general are very clicky and like to keep things status quo.

Posted August 20, 2007
This is a wonderful school as far as public schools go, the whole staff works as one and the parental support and envolvement is fantastic!! The children get everything they need from advanced learning to the special classes some of our children need, and they all get that special attention that every one of us parents believe our children need. I love this school!! and so do my children!!

Oak Grove Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2004

Posted July 29, 2004
Oak Grove has very dedicated teachers and a very active PTO. There are lots of enrichment activities provided and plenty of hands on learning. I'm very pleased with the education my children are receiving at Oak Grove Elementary!

Oak Grove Elementary School
5005 Grandin Rd Extension, Roanoke, VA  24018
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top