Posted August 29, 2013
Strong academics, strong ethical training and a departure from the "teach to the test" necessity in other schools. Independent thinking and participation is encouraged. RCS is a safe, loving envirionment with caring staff and administration.

Posted August 22, 2013
I do not understand the 1 and 2 star ratings on here. Roanoke Catholic is not a snobby school. I speak from experience, I am a current parent here. There has never been a time when I felt I was being treated poorly by staff, students or parents. The students and staff are very respectful as are other parents. Before going by what anyone says, just go see for yourself. My children are happy here and have made great friends. It is nice knowing I send my children to a school in which other parents are like minded, having strong morals and values. Not only do my children go here, but my husband all his siblings and my father and all his siblings graduated from here. All of whom graduated college, and went on to get masters degrees. They were all very well prepared for college and life after.

Posted February 19, 2013
I have seen my grandsons grow and blossom since they have been attending Roanoke Catholic School. The one star review are unfounded and I don't understand. A wonderful school and my grandsons are proof that this is a great school.

Roanoke Catholic School 1

Posted April 05, 2012
I do not like this school at all. The teachers and other personell are very rude and not helpful at all. There are a lot of snobbish parents at this school, so if you don't live by their standards you get frowned upon.

Roanoke Catholic School 2

Posted December 11, 2011
Roanoke Catholic has both strengths and weaknesses - but far more weaknesses than strengths. The school is weak academically, strong athletically, and weak in all other extracurriculars. Academically, Roanoke Catholic is inferior to many of the excellent public schools in the Roanoke Valley. Ask the faculty what the average AP test scores are in the few AP classes it offers - or even the highest AP test scores - and then ask the same question at a public school and you will find RCS's numbers to be far inferior. RCS has excellent teachers and terrible teachers. . If your child attends RCS, they will experience the gamut of stellar teachers and horrible ones. Most students at RCS participate in sports, and this is a great thing. It's the best thing about the school. When I attended, RCS lacked extracurricular activities like a high school music program and a debate team. Many parents send their children to RCS if they have behavioral problems and can't excel at public school. This is a problem for all other students. Last but not least, there is a lot of wealth at RCS, leading to a snobby social atmosphere. I would never consider sending my child to this school.

Roanoke Catholic School 2

Posted April 04, 2011
Roanoke Catholic was a wonderful school when I attended during my middle school and high school years. However, my son has attended the school for 5 years now and I am no longer impressed. Academically they do push the students to excel (keep in mind that my son is on the honor roll), but there is a lot of testing and pressure that I feel detracts from a true love of learning. I also feel that some of the students and parents do not display a true Christian spirit. Budget cuts have caused the school to eliminate positions (guidance counselor, resource teacher) and I feel that bullying has increased since these changes have occured. I also feel that the administration will play "favorites" with students based on the social standing of the family. I hate that I had such a positive experience there as a student and my son has not. Needless to say.....he will not be returning next year.

Posted December 03, 2009

Posted October 01, 2009
absolutely amazingly tight community of loving people. a seriously intense college prep high school preparing it's graduates better than the average high school to exceed in the college classroom. i have first hand experience.

Posted March 16, 2009
After 12 years, so far, we have been very pleased with the academic education, moral education and social experiences all of our children have received from Roanoke Catholic School. The school has excellent teachers and teaches exceptional moral values. We couldn't send our children anywhere else!!

Posted January 26, 2009

Roanoke Catholic School
621 North Jefferson Street, Roanoke, VA  24016
Last modified Roanoke Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Roanoke Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top