Roanoke, VA

Posted October 14, 2014
Awesome teacher quality, principal leadership and ability to be involved! I enjoy this school very much!

Posted October 14, 2014
Great staff. I feel involved and proud of my son's school. Great place to start your little one's!

Posted October 14, 2014
I love this school. Teachers, principal, guidance all great!! I am worry free with my son in their hands!!

Posted December 11, 2013
We moved from out of state and my daughter went to Bonsack. We moved again 2 years later, so our experience was short. Compared to where we came from and where we went, Bonsack gets 1 star. My daughter who attended 3rd and 4th grade had a horrible time. She literally came home from school and did homework until bedtime except for dinner. She was frustrated and cried all the time. No child should have that amount of homework. We tried to get the teachers/administrators to help and they flat out refused. The teachers could have cared less about her. It was miserable! I don't think we fully realized the extent of the problems until we moved. My daughter enjoyed 5th grade at her new school. She went from Cs and Ds to As and Bs. Homework was minimal and she learned the material easily. The minute she slipped in one class, the teacher contacted me to set up tutoring. Before school, after school, during school, whatever was needed. I was amazed at the difference. No more struggling. I'm so glad we moved out of there.

Posted January 06, 2012
I only attended Bonsack for the last semester of my 5th grade year, and it made my parents regret letting me go there. The first day I arrived at the school my teacher sent home a list of complaints about me. She also disliked me in her class and would never help me. Along with this she told me that I was going to fail my SOL tests, which I passed most of them with a perfect score. I am now a student at William Byrd High School and love it, but I regret everyday I was at Bonsack. Roanoke county schools are great, just not Bonsack. To add on with the poor teaching all the students were hard noses and wealthy. I did move from Northern Virginia, so coming from a wealthy area wasn't really the problem, but everyone was in a click and did not like newcomers. This school has some serious growing up to do.

Posted August 01, 2010
This is our second year at Bonsack and we are in love with the school and the teachers. I've always wanted to have my child go to the same school system I grew up in. However, after seeing the opportunities at Bonsack I am so glad we didn't move.

Posted December 31, 2009

Bonsack Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
My grandsaughter goes to Bonsack, and she thinks it is the greatest. She lost her dad 2 weeks before starting kindergarten. It was very diffecult for her at the beginning, but the teachers and staff really helped her a lot. She was only 5, and now she is 8 and in the 3rd grade. I don't think she could have been in a better place than Bonsack Elementary.

Bonsack Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2009
School is awesome. Teachers are caring and concerned, always ready to help. I am very happy with this school.

Posted August 10, 2009
This is supposed to be one of the best in Roanoke County. I was amazed at the demeanor in which the teachers treated the children. You constantly hear the children being yelled at. I would reconsider if choosing this school.

Bonsack Elementary School
5437 Crumpacker Dr, Roanoke, VA  24019
Last modified Bonsack Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bonsack Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top