PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My three children attended Faith in the lower and middle schools before we moved out of state. It is a wonderful school: the academics promote the pursuit of wisdom and virtue with a constant focus on Truth, Beauty, and Goodness over preparing for standardized tests, the dumbed-down common core, or the utilitarianism of modern progressive education. Far and away the best Christian academic community in the Roanoke Valley.

Absolutely wonderful school! Great teachers, strong curriculum, and a focused mission and vision. The school seeks to pursue wisdom and virtue with a constant focus on Truth, Beauty, and Goodness rather than the utilitarian, vocational, test-driven, information focused modern progressive schools. Absolutely the best Christian academic community in the Roanoke Valley.

I highly recommend Faith Christian if you're thinking about a change for your child this coming year. Hands-down best decision we could have made. And tuition is indexed if you, like me, aren't well-off. The academics are rigorous, but the teachers know how to teach it so that each child can learn. There are some great sports and drama and other activities to participate in. Plus...each year Faith does something called "Project Faith." The kids go out with adults and make a real difference in our Valley by painting and cleaning and helping out local organizations. In other words, they learn that their time and effort can make a real difference in their world. By the way, Faith is Gospel-based and Grace-based, not rules and legalism. That meant EVERYTHING to me. Trent isn't penalized for going to a non-Christian concert, for instance. When he had long hair, that was just fine. Talk to these guys...your child's education is worth it.

This has been the most wonderful school for our 3 children. There is nothing else like it in the area and we are very pleased with the education they are receiving. We couldn't be happier.

Faith Christian is an amazing choice for your child's education. It is truly an extension of our family. As others have stated, the staff and faculty will love on your children in a Godly way, pray for them, edify their behavior and provide them with a challenging Classical Christian education. We have been at FCS for seven years and our family has grown in our own faith and developed lasting friendships. Schedule your visit today!

We are so thankful that we chose to send all three of our children to Faith Christian School. We were looking for a school that would provide them with an outstanding academic background in a Christian environment. We have not been disappointed! Our children are not only receiving a strong education , but our Christian faith is being woven into every aspect of the classes that they taking. They are being challenged not only to know what they believe but why they believe and how to defend it. The teachers have been more than willing to go the extra mile any time one of my children was struggling. The added bonus is that I know that they truly care for my children, know my children and pray for them. We love Faith Christian School and are very grateful for the impact it has had on our children's lives.

Faith Christian is an outstanding school built on the core values of being Centered on Christ, Committed to Classical Approach and Connected as a Learning Community. The school teaches children to actively learn in an environment that allows God to remain the final authority. The teachers show a true passion for the students and smaller class sizes allow for more one on one interaction. The school strives to consistently give back to the community with a school wide community service project that teaches children the value of doing for others. Faith Christian is Christ-focused and allows children to grow in their faith and encourages them to have a biblical worldview. Our children LOVE attending Faith Christian and as parents we LOVE watching them gain the life skills and education that will help them go into the world as adults and LIVE FOR CHRIST.

We enrolled our children in Faith Christian School because we desired a rigorous education in a Christian atmosphere. Our son and daughter began in the lower grades. As they made their way into the upper school, we were able to see the effects of this superior education. The intentional instruction and mentoring by strong Christian teachers is evidenced by their ability to engage their world and strong grasp of essential educational concepts. The investment of their education at Faith is one that given the opportunity we would most assuredly make again.

I can't imagine sending my boys to any other school. They came from a public school which was little more than a dysfunctional baby-sitting service. The teachers at Faith are the type that actively care about their students to the point that they stay after school for one-on-one time, they email individual parents home with thoughts, concerns, and praise. There are plenty of places that will watch your kids for 7 hours a day, but none will have a better impact on your family and the future than FCS. If I could spend twice the money and get twice the impact, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Transferring my children to Faith Christian has been one of the single best decisions I have made as a parent. My daughter graduated June 2013 (now in college). She only attended for High School, but it changed her life for the better. She transferred from one of the best public schools in the area, had good friends, etc but the things going on socially with her friends were such a distraction. She blossomed at FCS - as challenging as it is academically, she actually became a better student, became fully engaged in her learning (goodbye social distraction!), took on leadership roles in organizations, and grew in her faith. The friends she met at FCS are for a lifetime. No cliques...everyone in her grade did things as a group. The teachers are 100% invested in their students. My daughter received a full college scholarship and is now active in college campus ministry. I am a single parent with limited income, had no idea how I could afford it...but God opened doors. This year I moved my son (8th gr) to FCS from public school. He did NOT want to go! Only 3 weeks into it, he said "Mom, I'm so glad I'm at FCS!". God is alive and at work in this school! I am so grateful!

Last modified Faith Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12