Rose Hill, VA

Rose Hill Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2013
One of my children has had a 1st year teacher for two years in a row. These teachers were so poor that they had to assign another more experienced teacher to the class to help them. It seems that FCPS has been replacing experienced teachers with young (less expensive) teachers now for several years and it shows, especially here at RH. Please do not misunderstand, I think that many of them tray very hard and take great pride in their jobs but in general, the quality of educaton has been fallen each year. I attribute that to federal standards, as many teachers I have spoken with have told me that they speand more time trying to make test scores than to truly teach students to understand concepts. They all agree that the curriculum have been dumbed down now for several years to ensure that most students can meet these national standards and that if they fail porr performing students that they are penalized so why fail them, just ensure that they can pass the SOL test. I am looking to move to Loudoun County were the schools are rated much higher.

Posted September 02, 2009
My son attended the preschool autism class (PAC) this past school year. The teachers and assistants responsible for this program are excellent! I'm thrilled with the tremendous progress my child has made thanks to the caring, dedicated, and highly capable staff at Rose Hill. I would not hesitate to recommend this program to any parent with a special-needs child.

Rose Hill Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2006
The school is not lacking in academics, sports, or anything related to knowledge. Rose Hill is lacking in its leadership.

Posted November 23, 2004
I think Rose Hill is a wonderful school my 1st grader loves school this year last year she was in another school and she didn't evan try she was held back in 1st grade when we moved i thought she wouldn't like going to a new school but she loves it. I can see such a remarkable change in her and i truly belive that the change has come from her teacher in 1st grade she couldn't evan read when the school year started and now she loves to sit with me and read complete story's to her father and I. I commend Rose Hill school and hope that the teaching power there countinues for many years to come. I will most deffintly be sending all 4 of my children to Rose Hill Elementary.

Posted August 22, 2004
I think this is a wonderful school. The staff is very helpful and caring. I feel that my children get a better education and the attention that they need than you can get at larger schools. I feel that this school helps to make the students and parents feel welcome and appreciated. I was raised in a big city and I would never dream about putting my kids in the same scools I went to. I have a sense of security knowing my children are safe at Rose Hill.

Rose Hill Elementary School
Rr 1 Box 136, Rose Hill, VA  24281
Last modified Rose Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rose Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top