Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 18, 2016
I have two boys going to RES and the way his teachers challenge traditional old methods and impart creative new learning skills is absolutely amazing. I believe caring staff, motivated students and involving parents are key to a school's success and RES is in the right direction!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 20, 2016
Mrs. Field, Mrs. Holder, Mrs. Kisamore, Mrs. Dhillon, Mrs. Porterfield, Mrs. Morris, Mrs. Rines, Mrs. Thompson, Mrs. Shifflet, and Mrs. Curtis are some of the best teachers anywhere!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted March 20, 2016
When we were looking for a home and I was concerned about the schools, a friend, who happens to be a teacher, told me that in elementary school it's not about the school rating, it's all about what teacher they get. She reiterated "they could go to a great school and get a lousy teacher, or go to a school with a lower rating and get the best teacher." That's what we found at RES... the best teachers for our boys.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 20, 2016
Our family policy is that our boys must finish their homework first thing before they are allowed to watch tv or play. They always finish with plenty of time for other activities including area sports programs.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 20, 2016
Absolutely, my son always strove to be his best at RES. He respected the teachers and they respected him. They encouraged the students to face bigger challenges and not to give up.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 20, 2016
The policies by the administration and the programs this school offers develops character in all those willing to participate. The culture of this school is one of building each other up. We had one of the most positive experiences of our life at RES.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 20, 2016
The schools anti-bullying campaign has a tremendous affect on the students and the school environment. The assembly on Rachel's Challenge and the follow on "chain" assignment had a positive effect on my son.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 20, 2016
The learning opportunities are vast and varied. The school assembly on bullying really touched my son. The involvement of parents with the teachers and staff makes for an unbeatable experience.

Posted March 20, 2016
I have three boys, two of whom attended Ruckersville Elementary School (RES). This is, by far, the best elementary school I have encountered. Due to relocation by my husband's employer we had to leave the area. Upon searching for a home in our new community I made sure that we purchased a home in what was considered the best school district in our area. I had high expectations because RES set the bar high. Our new school has much larger class sizes and is a much larger school, however, does not offer nearly the amount of programs as RES. They were involved in Destination Imagination and Drama Club. My oldest competed in GEM Fair at James Madison University and won awards for customer service. I heard that RES recently added a Lego Robotics team. My neighbors daughter enjoyed being a part of the Art Club. My boys tell me regularly that they want to go back to their old school (RES). I wish we could! I have never encountered teachers that were more involved with my children and cared about them in every way. Here at this new school, that received the highest ratings, we are nearing the end of the school year and I still don't feel like I know my boys teachers and they certainly don't know me. While at RES I feel like I developed a personal relationship with each of their teachers and my boys thrived. We miss this great school!

Posted October 04, 2014
RES is a wonderful school. I have two kids, one in Third grade and another in Kindergarten. We've had a good experience with this school. There are several programs to foster creativity, inspiration and critical thinking in every child. This school has a Gifted Program , a strong STEM program, Drama club, Journalism & Publishing club, Horizons academy to name a few. The rating I see on Greatschool does not do justice. Some recent achievements include: (1) The Destination Imagination team from RES topped in the district , went to state and all the way to Global finals in 2014 - a testament to creativity fostered here. (2) RES student won 1st place in Virginia Geography Fair in 2013. (3) Three student scholars were selected to present at Gettysburg to commemorate 150th anniversary of Gettysburg address. One of the speeches was so impressive that ancestry.com decided to put it on its website. The current Principal and the supporting staff are very energetic and responsible. Parent Teacher's Association (PTA) has a strong presence in this School and I urge every parent to be part of it.

105 Progress Place, Ruckersville, VA  22968
Last modified Ruckersville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.