Bad
Good

Posted August 11, 2015
I thought that the teachers were very engaging and encouraging of the kids. My son loved the class room that he was in.

Seaford Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2015
Unless you are a personal friend of the leadership staff, you can expect to be treated in a less than idealistic manner. There are two staff members and many teachers at Seaford who are wonderful and never condescending. As for the leadership, be prepared to be chastised unless, of course, you are in the "inner circle." I wish our experience could have been different. I have praised small town Seaford elementary for years- even moving my children back so they could attend. Fine leadership is masked underneath the bias behavior. I look forward to the change in leadership and a fair and impartial elementary experience!

Posted January 05, 2015
We moved to Seaford 2 1/2 years ago so we are on our third school year. The school adapts to the individual child's potential. The classroom sizes are rather small and the teachers as well as the office staff are great. There is so much parent support that when we have the Christmas assemblies it is packed. The children are managed, disciplined quickly\fairly and kept safe. Children are pushed to their individual academic limits. What more can you ask for? I'm so glad we moved to Seaford.

Posted August 28, 2013
Seaford Elementary has been a great school for two of our sons. It was a great place to be for them to prepare for middle school and high school. from a former parent

Seaford Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2012
Having second thoughts about keeping my children at Seaford. So many changes in the leadership....we have had 3 principals in 4 years. I don't feel connected - because if you aren't in the "click"...then you are an outcast. Teachers praise the A students, give attention to the F students but leave the "average" kid in pasture. I have half of mind to move my children to Yorktown Elem or Dare.

Posted May 20, 2009
Three of my kids have attended Seaford- from 2006 - present. I currently have one in Kinderdarten and a 5th grader. When first arriving at Seaford ES, there was a shake-up of principals. Since hiring Ms. Pennycuff (the current principal), there have been HUGE improvements and steady progression. I've heard of some cliques being at the school, but have not witnessed them myself. Since I am a full-time student and military reservist wife, I am unable to devote as much time as I'd like to volunteering. Yet, when I can, I only feel warmth and appreciation from other parents and teachers. There are definitely good teachers and not AS good teachers, but the teamwork between teachers help the ones that need improvement to do so. Knowing every teacher there, I am positive they all strive to help the students and continue improvements.

Seaford Elementary School

Posted May 18, 2009
Great school like most has a few bad apples with teachers..... Hopefully they can weed out the bad ones soon! Mrs. Pennycuff is the best principal and has a strong assistant Mrs. Lugo they bend over backwards and care about the kids tremendously. There is strong parent involvement but like alot of the PTA's they have clicks and if you are a working mother then sometimes doesn't work out too well. Overall great school has very high expectations and provide a good education. If i would have to change one thing i would get rid of the few bad apples!

Posted February 29, 2008
The principal and teachers are amazing! This school also has a lot of parental support which further adds to the quality of learning process. I highly recommend this school and area... Tara -Mom of a kindergartner

Posted February 09, 2006
This is by far the best school in York County. The principal is top notch and runs the school in an excellent manner. Continuous extra attention from the teachers and staff. Safe and well disciplined. Stong core of parent volunteers.

Seaford Elementary School
1105 Seaford Rd, Seaford, VA  23696
Last modified Seaford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.