Seaford, VA
Before care: Yes

Seaford Elementary School 3

Posted July 27, 2012
Having second thoughts about keeping my children at Seaford. So many changes in the leadership....we have had 3 principals in 4 years. I don't feel connected - because if you aren't in the "click"...then you are an outcast. Teachers praise the A students, give attention to the F students but leave the "average" kid in pasture. I have half of mind to move my children to Yorktown Elem or Dare.

Seaford Elementary School 2

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted May 20, 2009
Three of my kids have attended Seaford- from 2006 - present. I currently have one in Kinderdarten and a 5th grader. When first arriving at Seaford ES, there was a shake-up of principals. Since hiring Ms. Pennycuff (the current principal), there have been HUGE improvements and steady progression. I've heard of some cliques being at the school, but have not witnessed them myself. Since I am a full-time student and military reservist wife, I am unable to devote as much time as I'd like to volunteering. Yet, when I can, I only feel warmth and appreciation from other parents and teachers. There are definitely good teachers and not AS good teachers, but the teamwork between teachers help the ones that need improvement to do so. Knowing every teacher there, I am positive they all strive to help the students and continue improvements.

Seaford Elementary School 0

Posted May 18, 2009
Great school like most has a few bad apples with teachers..... Hopefully they can weed out the bad ones soon! Mrs. Pennycuff is the best principal and has a strong assistant Mrs. Lugo they bend over backwards and care about the kids tremendously. There is strong parent involvement but like alot of the PTA's they have clicks and if you are a working mother then sometimes doesn't work out too well. Overall great school has very high expectations and provide a good education. If i would have to change one thing i would get rid of the few bad apples!

Posted February 29, 2008
The principal and teachers are amazing! This school also has a lot of parental support which further adds to the quality of learning process. I highly recommend this school and area... Tara -Mom of a kindergartner

Posted December 06, 2007

Posted February 09, 2006
This is by far the best school in York County. The principal is top notch and runs the school in an excellent manner. Continuous extra attention from the teachers and staff. Safe and well disciplined. Stong core of parent volunteers.

Seaford Elementary School
1105 Seaford Rd, Seaford, VA  23696
Last modified Seaford Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seaford Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top