Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Swift Creek Middle School 5

Posted April 16, 2016
They Teach us untill we understand it Which is great because I get great grades

Swift Creek Middle School 4

Posted December 01, 2014
The teachers are great and my son is doing very very well. This is the first time in his 6 years of schooling that he is doing this well and with an IEP...he was 2 points from honor roll which is quite an accomplishment. I applaud the efforts of every teacher...that's one tough job!! The comment from October 14, 2013 is quite concerning because my son came home just last week to inform me that bugs and cockroaches were all over the school out numbering the students and that its a big distraction in classrooms. Clealy, thorough cleaning and spraying or bombing needs to be done to correct this problem. It seems quite severe.

Swift Creek Middle School 1

Posted October 14, 2013
The school is infested with cockroaches and no one seems to care. My daughters refuses to eat there because it is so nasty. My daughters hate this school. Teachers have up to three different online sources that students have to hunt for to find homework and/or notes necessary for class. It is ridiculous! My A student is making a D because of the chaotic unorganized way this system is run. The Principal response..."This is where we are heading" My children were making A's and B's respectively at another high achieving now are struggling because Swift Creek doesn't work.

Swift Creek Middle School 5

Posted August 04, 2013
Encouraging staff and teachers. Looking forward to the improvements being made this summer to the restrooms and lockers.

Swift Creek Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2011
Rating is based on it's Administration and Special Education Program. They are in need of a revamping as well. You can sense the negativity, the secretaries are unfriendly and will not give eye contact. Students literally running to class (not enough time to breath), and the Militant Higher Archy. Seems more life a jail than it does a Middle School. Learning and teaching do not have to be miserable experiences! They just forgot to tell the new staff at SCMS- even the cafeteria employees appear unhappy. It wasn't always like this - 2003/2004 year and before were great. Small community school full of optimism - bet the grade averages were higher as well. So, what are you going to do it you already live her, get to the root of the problem ~ you can't miss her!

Posted April 21, 2010
Dedicated teachers define the whole school.

Posted August 22, 2008
My son's 6th grade year was great! He was in all honors classes and had really great teachers! He is being re-zoned this year, but we will always hold a special place in our hearts for this school! They helped make a smooth tranaition to middle school. He not only survived his first year, he thrived! I hope this year goes as well!

Swift Creek Middle School 3

Posted August 11, 2008
Overall SCMS is a good school. There are a lot of activities and elective opportunities. However, I think some of the teachers are fed up with many of the teen attitudes these days. The special education is lacking, though. It seems the SE is concerned with pushing kids through. My son did not meet any of the previous year's goals, however that was not a concern to them. They set new goals for this year. I asked how they thought he would meet the goals for this year if he didn't meet any from last year. I didn't get an appropriate response. Results are only obrained if the parent is actively involved and advocates for their kids.

Posted August 04, 2008
I went to Swift Creek all 3 years and I find it to be a decent school with a wide variety of people and activities. Not a single teacher did I have that I felt animosity or anger towards. All of the extra curricular activities were fun to attend and very well - advertised - for lack of a better word. I feel that the elective department is lacking a little, though. There is a plethora of options to choose from, yet each class is very limited in what a student can learn. Overall, my expierence there was enjoyable and pleasant.

Posted March 09, 2008
SCMS is without question one of the best schools in the county, largely due to the exceptional administration. My daughter is very, very happy there.

3700 Old Hundred Rd, South Midlothian, VA  23112
Last modified Swift Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.