Springfield, VA

Posted May 04, 2014
My daughter goes to Spring-N-Dale Private School which is one of the branches of the Springfield Academy. She loves this school very much and actually asks me to go. The school has also worked with myself on several issues and the Teachers are excellent. I recommend this school to anyone looking.

Springfield Academy 2

Posted October 04, 2013
This school would be a complete failure if not for a handful of wonderful teachers, the weekly field trips during summer camp, and the swim lessons. I would love to be able to express my views to the management but the communication lines are so broken, you can not even send an email to the school. If you drop off early or pick up late, forget about talking to any primary teacher or management. Once your child is out of the phase of written reports, there is no way to know what is going on day to day. I would love to be able to tell the school about the horrible representation its new aids are representing in the community. I was witness to several of them in a local establishment speaking loudly about the teachers, staff, students, and parents. Only a few comments were kind. They were smoking, cursing, and speaking about the pregnancy status of various employees. The school boasts ZERO security and communication (barring the occasional note sent home) and only a handful of teachers express any enthusiasm. Unfortunately these negatives overcome any positive experiences and our family is currently seeking alternative arrangements.

Springfield Academy 4

Posted July 30, 2013
I'm really pleased with this school. My child has been going there for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier. I love the diversity, I love it being Christian based, the tuition is affordable, & I love the curriculum. My child had been going to another school in the area and all she ever would come with were pictures. I understand arts and crafts but I'm also trying to get her prepared for kindergarten. How about some writing? Springfield does writing everyday, my child is now starting to write in cursive (which I understand is not largely being teached anymore), she has homework...I'm really pleased. I am glad she now has another teacher though b/c the other one in pre-school was really sweet, but she didn't seem to have a handle on the classroom. The kids were routinely loud when I came to pick up my child everyday. But from what I understand, there had just got a new teacher in there so take from this review what you will. I'm a first time parent and learning as I go but you can always tell by the stuff your kid talks to you about at the most random times.

Springfield Academy 3

Posted July 22, 2011
I have two school aged children enrolled in the summer camp program. Overall I happy with the care and program of Springfield Academy. A few things that could be better 1) bathrooms while girls and boys each have their own restrooms the bathrooms are open with no dividers. I understand this for preschool/younger children, but privacy would be appreciated for school aged 2) more organized games during recess. When I arrive during recess all of the caregivers are watching the kids, but I've yet to see any organized games going on and they have a large open shaded field to play on 3) menu - the choices overall are nutrition, but a few items could be better. 4) drive way. Nothing can be done if you have to turn left from Backlick, but the driveway has a few large pot holes. The staff and children appear happy and well cared for. The center is clean and bright. We are happy with the summer camp program, field trips, activities, value and teachers. If we require care next summer we'll be back.

Springfield Academy 1

Posted July 19, 2011
This is an update to my previous review "Warning! This is not a loving and nurturing environment" We finally heard back from the owner, he promisses to implement changes.

Posted May 13, 2011
My daughter has attended Springfield from the time she was about 13 months to 2.5 years old. The only reason why we are leaving is because we're moving to Florida. We wish we could take the school with us... The faculty and staff at Springfield Academy has been amazing. They very clearly love the kids and care about their well-being... you can't ask for much more than that.

Posted February 28, 2011
We are very pleased with this school. If you are a parent considering schools. This is one of the best. We looked around and around and we found this is the best place for our three young children to learn and grow. We feel particularly fortunate to have our children taught by such a professional and caring group. Come during the day and see for yourself!

Posted September 01, 2010
After 8 yrs at Springfield Academy, my son will be saying goodbye (but not permanently as he will return in the summer for camp)... We are truly grateful to the wonderful staff that have molded him into the fine boy he has become. He has received an outstanding education which can be seen with his remarkable grades. He has also received much love since infancy to the present. Thank you for all you have done for our son.

Posted September 01, 2010
I have had my child in this school for 6 years and I have been extremely happy with the care my child has recieved. The teachers are cheerful and very helpful. I can walk down the hall and teachers that are from different classes will great my child and ask how they are doing. It gives me a sense of family connection. The principal and administrator have always been friendly and very supportive. One year I was having financial difficulties due to a divorce. They not only were very helpful but they offered me prayer and listen when I need an ear. The academic program is wonderful. My child has excelled in public school with the strong phonic back ground. Thank you Springfield Academy!

Posted August 31, 2010
I Love this school!!! They have the most loving teachers and staff. Not tomention how much the children actually learn, My kindergartener can read at a 3rd grade level.

Springfield Academy