K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted December 10, 2015
My principal at ICS, Mr Danish, is one of the most inspirational and Godly people I have had the privilege of knowing. He made the effort to know every single one of the students at Immanuel on a personal and spiritual level. He asked questions, sat to listen to your interests, and greeted you by your name every time he saw you. I will never forget my times at lunch or outside at recess talking with him. Although, one of my fondest memories with Mr Danish was a night on the wilderness retreat in 8th grade. A group of us had gone out to take a look at the stars. We laid down on the ground, looked up, and I was completely in awe of what I saw. Mr Danish was pointing out constellations to us and telling us stories. It was such an amazing time and reminded me of my dad who has a love for the night sky also. It gave me comfort of being back home while being out on a trip away from my family. That trip turned out to be one of the best adventures and bonding experiences of my life. I am so thankful for the opportunity of knowing Mr Danish and being able to spend 10 years of my life at Immanuel and soaking in all of the incredible lessons the teachers and staff taught me. If you want an education for your child based on a love for Jesus Christ and love for others around you, please consider ICS. Happiness surrounds you constantly at this school and is a place I will always have a deep love for and feel at home the second I step inside its doors.

Posted December 10, 2015
ICS shaped me to be the person I am today. The teachers and staff members encouraged me to love God and want to serve him and love His people. The school led me to find the person I am today and I am forever thankful for that. At Immanuel, you are constantly surrounded with happiness and caring hearts. Everyone there wants to help you and make learning as fun and meaningful as possible. It is so nice going to a school where you all have a common belief in Jesus Christ. Knowing you can go to someone for a quick prayer or reference to a verse you need to hear is so reassuring. I love this school so much and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Posted December 10, 2015
My boys attended ICS for two years before we moved out of the area. The teachers are WONDERFUL! They truly care about the students, not only academically, but socially, emotionally, and spiritually as well. The school has a solid Christian foundation. Christian principles and ideals are built into the curriculum and every interaction with the students which in turn leads the children to develop a sense of a Biblical Worldview at a very young age. The minister at a church we visited after moving was extremely impressed with the boys' knowledge of the Bible and how it applied to their daily living. The administration is accessible and supportive of parents and students. The academics are solid, but the true strength of ICS is its heart: from the top administrator all the way down to the students.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 06, 2015
We love ICS. The teachers have shown our son love and compassion as they have nurtured him to grow academically, socially and spiritually.

Posted August 28, 2014
I love this school, but not as much as my new 6th grader does. He's new to middle school and the area. On his second day of school, he was excited to get to class, excited to learn. He said it feels like a club where kids go to learn for fun and he feels like he belongs here. It made my heart sing.

Posted May 27, 2014
Excellent School! Great academic, athletic, and extra curricular offerings all within a God centered atmosphere!

Posted May 11, 2014
Educational equal to any school in D.C., but with Christian values integrated in every aspect of school life! ICS has impressed me by the way in which the faculty and staff incorporate a Christian worldview into every aspect of learning. Administrator Steve Danish is particularly gifted. ICS has been an incredibly supportive environment for not only my children, but our whole family. We have grown in our faith as a result. The academics are outstanding, parents are involved, faculty and staff are caring. Relative to other private schools, and relative to the quality of education provided, ICS tuition is a bargain! As a military family we move a lot. ICS immediately made my children feel welcome and they quickly assimilated into the school. We never worry about what is being taught in the classroom, either, as it is always consistent with what our children are taught at home and in church.

Posted May 08, 2014
I was transferring my girls from a school that had divided their students between A/B students and C/below. This school was consistently putting my girls in lower reading classes than they tested for. The school did not teach science in 4th grade because it was not a part of the SOL test that year and in 5th grade they were only given old SOL tests as work. Teachers were teaching for a test and not teaching for the children to actually learn the subject. After no help from the principle or Fairfax School Board we joined Immanuel. The academics are challenging the comradeship is heartwarming. My older daughter who had a hard time warming up to the school not only likes it now but does not want return to public school even though her workload has increased significantly. The single best thing about Immanuel is that God is woven through the lessons of the day. My younger daughter s prayers have matured in thought and scope. As for my older daughter that I was so worried about, wondering if I made the right decision, was made clear to me. My mom came to visit and told me she noticed an inner peace in her granddaughter now. Thank you God. -Denise Burgos

Posted April 28, 2014
Immanuel Christian School provided my daughter with a well rounded education with a world Christian view. Upon graduation she was well prepared for high school. The school also emphasizes community service and a compassionate attitude for others. ICS also has a before and afterschool program for those students with working parents. I would strongly recommend this school to others.

Posted April 24, 2014
Choosing an alternative to public schools here in NOVA can be a challenge because there are so many to choose from. For our family, the fact that ICS was a Christian school was of premier importance to my husband and me. The curriculum at ICS is taught through the filter of God's word-so even though there are specific Bible classes taught, kids learn in English, Math Science and other classes that God is involved in ALL aspects of their life. But there are so many other reasons to consider ICS as a school option. Early on, we were impressed that teachers identified areas where my children struggled and were able to provide support and encouragement to my children AND my husband and me. They didn't just let our children coast. As our children grew, many of their teachers also identified areas where my children needed to push themselves because they knew my kids were capable of doing more. I loved being able to participate in the life of the school in so many ways. The school welcomes parent involvement. I felt like the ICS staff and I were a team working to educate my children and they were well-prepared to enter high school when they walked out the doors of ICS for the last time.

6915 Braddock Road, Springfield, VA  22003
Last modified Immanuel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Immanuel Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top