Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Forestdale is great! Don't let the greatschools score fool you. Our daughter has enjoyed kindergarten thoroughly this year and Ms. Huemmer is a large part of this. The teachers and staff are amazing! They are all so patient, kind and creative. I see her progressing in her reading and letters. I just love the vibe you get when you enter the school and the love you feel from all around. It’s a great family atmosphere. The new principal won principal of the year! Great programs for all kids.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

We had one small issue and the school handled it beautifully.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Amazing support system for all levels!! They have a wide variety of kids with different skill sets. They have an excellent autism program, speech program and learning disability help.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Principal won principal of the year! Teachers are amazing!

Why would you emplement a no home work policy??? Can anyone answer that?? Terrible school I wish my daughter was still in her old school.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I like how the question is asked about the amount of homework given at school. They didnt have a answer for non so I guess i have to go with "not enough" ..... Enough said....

I have been a teacher for 20+ years and after teaching at 8 other schools I am happy and honored to teach at Forestdale! The teachers and staff are so dedicated! The administration and whole staff has so much experience and they truly care about all of the students! Forestdale is also the cleanest school I've ever seen!

-New principal implemented a "no homework" policy which I found counter- productive, especially for 6th graders as it does NOT prepare them for the vigor studies of middle school. Because of this, it was difficult to find out what my student was learning without having to contact the teacher or look through the scant weekly take-home folder. -Unfriendly front desk staff. -"Quadrants"/trailers should not be used as a homeroom classroom. Should have left it as the resource center like before. For two years, my child was stuck learning in this trailer.

Amount of homework: no rating

My daughter is in the enhanced autism program and does not get homework at this time

My daughter is in the enhanced autism program at Forestdale. She has been there since preschool (she is now in second grade) and we could not be happier. We found that Forestdale could offer her all of the same supports that she could get in a private school for learning disabilities. ALL of the special ed teachers are wonderful--real professionals with so much knowledge and experience with special kids. We get daily reports, and the teachers and administration stand by her through good and bad. My daughter is disruptive and has self-injurious behaviors, but the teachers and others at the school love her the way that I do. We could not be happier with the school or with our daughter's progress. I would recommend Forestdale to any parent with a special needs child.

Last modified Forestdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.