Posted December 26, 2010
My children have been at Garfield for 2 years now and they love it. No complaints about getting up and out of the house in the morning unlike previous schools. The kids actually look foreward to it! There is an excellent staff and good environment. Test scores are pretty good too for the county.

Posted October 07, 2010
When i was told my children were going to Garfield. I did not want them to go.The school looked old and dismal on the outside. A parent whose child was to start with my own ...said a friend look up their test scores and they were very high for the county.My attitude changed when i saw the great student to teacher ratio. The dedication and wisdom to teach our children in innovative and fun ways of learning. I was a champion from then on! The staff was excellent! From the Office to the Teachers and Principals! We felt welcomed. You can't judge a book by it cover! It's our hidden Gem in Springfield ,VA and I could not be more proud, and am happier now that my children our excelling. The Music "band, strings, chorus"programs, the Arts, the gym class, Arts, and even the librarian! Are wonderful...Thanks to a dedicated staff!

Posted February 19, 2009
We are military and this is our fourth elementary school. I am so impressed with the compassion the students show for each other and the dedication of the administration and the teachers. The principal, vice principal, and counselor greet everyone by name in the morning when they get off the bus. My kids love their teachers and hope we don't move for a long time!

Posted April 05, 2006
Both of my girls have gone to Garfield, my youngest is going on to 7th grade next year and will have to leave Garfield. They have been great and my children have benefitted from the teachers, the many different cultures and the optimism in the school. The teacher and staff are dedicated to teaching the kids responsibility and being there to assist.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2005
- a staff
My two children have attended Garfield for the past four years. We have had a wonderful experience. The teachers and staff are commited to providing a top notch education. Garfield has an excellent Language Arts program. My son struggled in reading in first grade but now is an above average reader. Garfield also offers a diverse population where everyone learns to appreciate each other's cultural background. Garfield offers music, art P.E. and various after school programs. We will certainly miss this school when it comes our time to leave.

Garfield Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2004
Garfield Elementary is a terrible school. It's 50 years old and it's age shows. Despite a great student to teacher ratio there is no individual attention. My child loved school before tranferring here. He now loathes it. A truly depressing experince for an elementary school-aged child.

Garfield Elementary School
7101 Old Keene Mill Rd, Springfield, VA  22150
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.