Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very kind and ready to actually teach, not only are they patient, they also have a sense of humor and a warm aura surrounding them and I guess the whole school! Absolutely loved all of my teachers and miss them soooo much. All of the honors I get in my middle school right now comes from learning from them.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

First off, they didn't give loads of homework to overwhelm the students, instead, we had classwork that was similar to what we do for homework and the homework would enhance certain parts that most people that had previously done this struggled on.

My children have been at Garfield for 2 years now and they love it. No complaints about getting up and out of the house in the morning unlike previous schools. The kids actually look foreward to it! There is an excellent staff and good environment. Test scores are pretty good too for the county.

When i was told my children were going to Garfield. I did not want them to go.The school looked old and dismal on the outside. A parent whose child was to start with my own ...said a friend look up their test scores and they were very high for the county.My attitude changed when i saw the great student to teacher ratio. The dedication and wisdom to teach our children in innovative and fun ways of learning. I was a champion from then on! The staff was excellent! From the Office to the Teachers and Principals! We felt welcomed. You can't judge a book by it cover! It's our hidden Gem in Springfield ,VA and I could not be more proud, and am happier now that my children our excelling. The Music "band, strings, chorus"programs, the Arts, the gym class, Arts, and even the librarian! Are wonderful...Thanks to a dedicated staff!

We are military and this is our fourth elementary school. I am so impressed with the compassion the students show for each other and the dedication of the administration and the teachers. The principal, vice principal, and counselor greet everyone by name in the morning when they get off the bus. My kids love their teachers and hope we don't move for a long time!

Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.