Springfield, VA

Posted April 25, 2015
Orange Hunt is WONDERFUL! My children are academically challenged and enriched daily (we are not in the German program) by EXCELLENT educators who are top in their field. In addition, the office staff is delightful and helpful. My children love going to school every day and my oldest was very prepared for the AAP Center in 3rd Grade. We have no complaints about the quality of instruction, and school environment, at Orange Hunt. What a great place for kids!

Hunt Valley Elementary School 4

Posted July 01, 2014
My fifth grader complains about many bullying incidents that took place in the kids interaction. Every week we have a new story to deal with. The school and staff are great. I just think more diversity events and differences acceptance activities should be planned for and let kids participate in. Religious and appearance differences should be dealt with intensively as each kid come from a different home and background and should learn how to respect others.

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is one of the best around. The staff, the administration, the community, the PTA, nothing tops it. In regards to the bullying comment, I personally have never seen anything as such tolerated by this school. Kids will say mean things at any school, and if an adult or administration were brought in to a situation, they would handle it as any good school would. My kids feel loved here, the neighborhood is great, the parent involvement is top notch, it's just a great school, with a lot of great history!!

Posted April 21, 2012
Hunt Valley Elementary is an outrageous school with great programs and wonderful teachers! i am a fifth grader in Hunt Valley and my teacher is really nice, teaches a lot, and never gets off topic . Hunt Valley has done a lot with also teaching kids to behave inside and outside of school too.

Posted February 26, 2012
We moved to our neighborhood in Springfield specifically to be at Hunt Valley. Quite simply, one of the best schools in the state - with great teachers, great kids, an active PTA program, etc. My daughter's K-class had to waitlist some room parents because there were too many applicants! I grew up in a teacher's household and am simply thrilled with Hunt Valley.

Posted February 01, 2011
Yes, the class sizes are large. Both my kids have 28 students. Kindergarten classes do have an assistant teacher. Despite the class sizes, I am amazed at how at how much each child is taken care of academically. My 3rd grader has a tailored spelling list each week, as do all his peers. I don't know how his teacher does it. In both of my kids classes, they are broken up into smaller groups according to ability for some of the subjects. Each child either gets the help they need or is challenged accordingly. I have no doubt that my kids are getting an exceptional education at this school. As for the staff, they are wonderful. From the day we were just "school hunting", there was just a warm, caring, and loving feel in the air from the staff. I was impressed to see teachers standing in the front of the school lobby greeting the children. Also, parent support is huge, great PTA and lots of parent support in the class room. This must be how the kids get the individual attention they need in class.

Posted March 25, 2009
Determining class size is misleading. When the number of students enrolled in a school is divided by the number of all the teachers in a building, you're given the idea that a smaller class size number exists than are actually in classrooms. Physical education, music, art, special sevices, and special program teachers do not have all the students at one time, but their numbers are used to determine the Student to FTE Teacher Ratio. So seeing a ratio of 1:14 is very misleading, when after seeing the school, there are actually 28 students to a room with one regular fulltime teacher, even in the lower levels such as first grade!

Posted February 20, 2009
I have lived in this area for 20 years and all 3 of my children have attended. This is a great school with an amazing reading program! Their prep for the SOL's was right on! Great support for the parents of our children as well.

Posted January 28, 2009
We are moving soon, and I wish I could take this school with us. It is outstanding in all areas. The children and parents are very lucky to have this school, which is a model for all others.

Posted January 23, 2008
Hunt Valley is an amazing school. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. We transfered into the area and were welcomed with open arms. My children's teachers have bent over backwards to help them adjust to their new school. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

7107 Sydenstricker Rd, Springfield, VA  22152
Last modified Hunt Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunt Valley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top