Springfield, VA

Posted March 20, 2014
We love Kings Park. Many teachers are doing a fabulous job: PE and music teachers work very hard to entertain us every year with wonderful musical/dancing informances . My child is in 3rd grade now, she has an excellent teacher who is not only teaching them academics, but values and nurtures kids with her love to nature and life. School principal and assistant principal are an incredible women- they both have kids themselves and can really relate to any parent. We are an average middle class family, but we never felt neglected or mistreated in any sense. Great school, great team of specialists, who work very hard.

Posted March 11, 2014
Kings Park Elementary School has been fantastic for our family! My son has high functioning autism and has been in the general ed classrooms with support from K thru 2nd grade currently. He has grown so much and has blossomed under both the general education and special education support!! My daughter is in K this year and she loves it!! She is a very sensitive child, and yet she is always being encouraged and motivated by her teacher, instead of being left to feel sad or discouraged. Both of my children and I LOVE Kings Park! Great school!!

Posted July 04, 2012
We moved from out of state and my son started first grade at Kings Park. I can't express how grateful I am for this school and in particular Mrs. Ross who really lit a spark in my son. He loves to learn and he loves going to school. At dinner, he would impress us with things he had learned that day. Mrs. Ross was kind but firm; was organized, a good communicator, and my son knew what the expectations were. I am a teacher in another district and I can tell you that this school - especially Mrs. Ross - is top notch.

Posted May 18, 2012
I'm not sure in which class the previous parent has a child, but I can say I have a child in Kings Park now (2nd grade) and she LOVES her teacher. Her teacher always returns my emails and or phone calls within 24 hours. Her teacher really seems to enjoy her job and always has a smile on her face. This year has been better than last year, but all in all I think the staff at Kings Park has been great to my children. Hopefully your child will have my child's teacher next year.

Kings Park Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2012
When we moved back to Virginia I was pleased that my son would be going to Kings Park Elementary because we heard nothing but great things. Well I have to say that is not the case anymore. They have had so many changes in the past two years it should be considered unacceptable. They have had two principles, three assistant principles, several teachers changing to perform other jobs in the school or just outright leaving. There is no continuity of care taking place whatsoever and my sons teacher this year is by far the worst I have ever seen. I am a teacher myself and have never seen someone so hateful around children. It makes you question why they chose to work with kids in the first place. You have to hunt them down just to ask a question and not really get an answer. Now I should say that I am sure that not all the staff is this way but a good majority are and it is sad to think that these are the role models that our children look up to. I am hoping for a better year this fall but am not counting on it. I understand this is the my opinion but I want my child to feel that he can express himself and that his future can be what he chooses not what someone tells him it has to be.

Kings Park Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2010
We moved here recently from out of state and was hesitant to send my kids to such an 'old' school. Our previous one was new and seemed more modern in their teaching techniques, classroom environment, teaching tools, etc. HOWEVER, my kids have had a great year thus far, and the teachers are AWESOME (we have Ms. O'Neal and Ms. Valcour) Top Notch! They take the time to teach my kids and the atmosphere is positive and fun! The staff had been friendly and helpful. The events are community and family centered. Communication is the best I've seen. Way to go Kings Park!!!

Kings Park Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2010
A save enviroment for all the kids, the academic program helps all the students to be better in all the aspects

Posted September 11, 2010
Another great start to the school year. I sent my first grader and Kindergartner off to school this past week and am already overwhelmed by the wonderful staff and administration. The front office staff is nothing but professional and the principal and vice principal are top notch, so naturally, it follows that the teachers are also amazing! So thrilled to be here.

Kings Park Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
In the past few years, my child has had one good teacher. When I say good I mean a clear communicator, willingness to teach multiple types of learners, dedicated to the curriculum, encouraging of parental support, and overall accepting of help. However she left! As our children grow each one is different and we can not force our children in to certain criteria, for the ease of our teachers, the budget, or the administration. I understand that money is a huge issue, however, fairfax county is one of the richest counties in the country. Our children deserve a free and appropriate education according to law, under any circumstances. I ask, is your child getting what she or he requires?

Posted May 15, 2010
My first experience with this school was the office staff. One person in particular, but once I got over her and knew that my child would not be dealing with her, I have been nothing but 100% completely satisfied. Try not to judge this school by the office staff, as I did. My son's teacher, Mrs. Beavers has been absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I can only hope my youngest son gets her. My goal for my son was to learn to read while in Kindergarten. I made her aware of my goals for him. Within 2 months my son WAS A READER!!! I don't mean Jack and Jill stuff either. Highly recommend this school!

Kings Park Elementary School
5400 Harrow Way, Springfield, VA  22151
Last modified Kings Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kings Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top