Springfield, VA
Students enrolled: 1,749
After care: No

Posted October 01, 2014
Lee is an amazing school. The teachers, clearly, care a lot about their students and go through great lengths to help them succeed. Lee is a prime example of what a community should be like. When I attended Lee, I was a chubby, quiet bookworm who practically lived in the library. I knew the librarians by name and would even volunteer there in my free time. Even so, I never felt alone or bullied. The students were very welcoming and, not once, did I feel like I was unsafe or unwelcome. Of course, the building is not ideal and the school could probably do better with handling their budget, but every school has their imperfections. Some people say that high school was the worst four years of their life and that college was their best four years. For me, it was the complete opposite. I found myself missing Lee because the teachers that I had were amazing (give or take one or two) and the friends I made in the unlikeliest social groups were the closest friends I've ever had. There were no dumb jocks, cool Asians, Plastics, or art freaks - we were all just students taking the same journey through the education system and that's how we saw each other.

Posted September 19, 2014
Lee HS is a great school. Many people want to give it a bad reputation and they have never set foot in the school. The diversity of the student population is one of its strongest assest, students are blessed to have such diversity and learn from it. My son has been at Lee for 4 years and has enjoyed it. Teachers do care and so does the administration. Our new principal is very proactive and I feel will keep Lee on its path of moving forward. I had another child that attended adn graduated from West Springfield HS and if they had to do it over again they would choose Lee over WSHS. If more parents would get involved (and it they have over the past few years) Lee would be the best school in the county. Go Lancers!

Posted August 18, 2014
I have to girls that graduated from this school 2012 and 2014. They had a wonderful experience! They were able to participate in sports that they never would have been able to in a different school in this county. Both girls did Honors/IB courses. Teachers genuinely care about the students and seem enjoy their jobs. I have never seen anything like it. My daughter attended Irviing middle school which has high ratings but I did not feel the connection/nurturing with this school's teachers as lee high school. I moved here from another state and people tried to scare me about sending my girls here. However, I read the parent comments on this site and decided to give it a try. I never regretted it. Last but not least the kids are wonderful and all know each other!

Lee High School 1

Posted July 02, 2014
I was very disappointed in this school, that my son attended for his sophomore year. They don't enforce the dress code or the behavior code. It was very difficult and sometimes took several days to contact the counselor and some teachers. I was also disappointed in the band program.

Posted January 13, 2014
I am glad we have a good communication with staff, and teachers. It is important to allow freshmen to begin the independent study, and work load without parent and teachers reminders.

Posted December 15, 2013
Lee High School's educators are absolutely tops. We have a freshman and sophomore attending and we find that all of their educators from counselors to teachers are deeply invested in preparing our girls for college. The staff avails itself of technology to provide us timely information and feedback on all academic issues and this allows us to do our parts as parents. Equally important they make themselves routinely available through Lancer Time and after school to review challenging course material. We appreciate them all. comprehend the material. The educators are making numerous sacrifices to tur

Posted November 27, 2013
My daughter goes to Lee High School. She is getting an excellent education through the AB program. The principal is excellent and the class sizes are small. The teachers work hard and are very responsive. Good school overall. I give it an A.

Posted November 22, 2013
Lee High School is an incredible place to work! Filled with caring faculty, staff and students, Lee is a welcoming learning environment focused on our vision of graduating students to be successful in whatever follows their high school years. We challenge our students with rigorous coursework, build strong positive relationships, and are continually looking for ways to make our content relevant to the lives of our students. We are a school of great diversity with over 25 spoken languages and our students hail from over 60 countries. I've worked in nine high schools over my twenty one year career and none have been as great to work in as Lee. LEE HIGH SCHOOL s VISION: Our students will graduate prepared for success by mastering challenging and rigorous curricula. Our students will participate in clubs, sports, and/or fine and performing arts programs. Our students will build strong positive relationships with the staff and each other. Our students will demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, an ability to collaborate, and will take responsibility for their own decisions. Our students will develop actionable and achievable goals.

Posted November 22, 2013
Lee is great school where all students are encouraged to reach their potential. Because it is a relatively small school students receive as much personal attention as they need. I have a current senior and another student who graduated and is currently in college. Both have had excellent teachers and challenging curriculum through their IB classes. My current student is taking a Geospatial Analysis class that will give her college credit at James Madison University. My son in college was accepted to his first choice school and found that his IB classes were great preparation for college classes. As a smaller school students have more opportunities to shine and most who want to can find a sport in which to participate. With a wide variety of clubs, students are likely to find their niche and be as involved as they want. I feel my children are well prepared to be citizens in our increasingly diverse society because they have gone to school with students who have a wide variety of ethnic, racial and socio-economic backgrounds.

Posted August 15, 2013
I actually go to this school and I can say that its quite awesome. Compared to other schools the teachers are good, and the environment even better. Instead of learning for 7 1/2 hours a day we have lancer time which actually helps me academically and phsyically. I love my school.

Lee High School
6540 Franconia Rd, Springfield, VA  22150
Last modified Lee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top