Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I was excited when my child started the 1st grade immersion program. Unfortunately, it seems that there were internal problems at the school. The 1st grade Spanish teacher left in April, then the long sub got sick, then there were a series of subs. The teachers seemed uninterested in advancing in science. The administration is not open to new ideas. It's sad really.

The teachers have been very responsive to questions and concerns regarding my child's progress and get back to us in a timely manner. The school has a great sense of community without bombarding the parents for a million different fundraisers!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school counselor has programs he goes into the classroom to work on values and how students treat others. I have a son who crys easily and have worried about him getting bullied but students always are concerned about what is wrong.

My kids have had some outstanding teachers at Ravensworth that really tune into their individual needs. I have one son with learning disabilities and he has gotten the support he needs though special education to excell. I'm really impressed with the new principal. She has revamped the immersion program and I've been very impressed with the new teachers she hires

We've been very happy with our experience at Ravensworth. My middle child is in the immersion program, the other 2 have come through sibling placement, although I hope the kindergartner will be able to join immersion next year. My oldest has been pushed and challenged in a positive way, but with solid expectations. My middle one was dismissed in kindergarten at our base school when I asked multiple times about her speech. When I asked last year at Ravensworth, they had her tested immediately and have since started her on therapy, I can hear the improvement already. My youngest is being challenged in kindergarten although she started already knowing how to read and add, they push her own limits to keep her from growing bored. We have had experience in private school, our base school, and now Ravensworth, and I am by far happiest at Ravensworth. Mrs. Salata and Mr. Paper run a tight but kind ship focused on the success of the children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I do feel the school develops honesty, integrity and fairness. The staff in the front office are very friendly and communicative. And I believe all things trickle down from the Principal, and Mrs. Salata, the Raven.sworth Prinicipal is awesome. One thing I appreciate is that I've discovered that the Principal and Vice Principal really pay close attention and consideration when placing students in their classes (which teacher would be the best match for each student). They get to know their students on an individual level. They are wonderful.

I don't know why the average is 3 stars...I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. The principal, Mrs. Salata is AWESOME. The Vice Principal, Mr. Paper, is also great; they are both very hands on with both the students and the parents. I have loved all of my sons' teachers. Both of my sons have IEP's and I am very happy with the education, approach and services offered by the school. Parents can be as active as they would like through multiple volunteer opportunities. Lastly, there are pepole who MOVE to this school district because of Ravensworth's SPANISH IMMERSION education opportunity where children are taught in Spanish to "immerse" them in the language. I believe families who choose this education track have to apply to be accepted into it, and their children are taught 1/2 in Spanish and 1/2 in English. If my boys weren't special ed, I would have LOVED to sign them up for this. All in all, Ravensworth is a GREAT school. My children had attended two other schools before Ravensworth but Ravensworth is my favorite. :)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have loved EVERY teacher my children have had, including: Mrs. Ramage / Mrs. Branch - Kindergarten Ms Elizabeth / Ms. Kim / Ms. Mary - Spec Ed Pre-School Mrs.Gleich - Kindergarten (prev) and 1st Grade (current). Ravensworth may switch grades that certain teachers teach.

Amount of homework: no rating

My children are in Kindergarten and 1st Grade so I can't comment on the homework assignments quite yet (it's only the 2nd week of school, Sept 2015).

My son is a second grader in the Spanish Immersion program at Ravensworth. We've been very pleased with the school. We did not have any experience with the old principal, as we started with the school the same year the new principal started. But I echo what other reviewers have said - she is very visible, very accessible, and is bringing a lot of positive energy to the school. The new 1st grade immersion teachers are amazing - like seriously the dream team! My son also loves his 2nd grade teachers. I also like that the school does a fun-run for its annual fund raiser - 100% of the money raised goes to the school. No need to make the kids sell random items that no one really wants anyway. Raises money and contributes to health and fitness! Win win for everyone.

Last modified Ravensworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.