Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Ravensworth Elementary School 5

Posted November 29, 2015
We've been very happy with our experience at Ravensworth. My middle child is in the immersion program, the other 2 have come through sibling placement, although I hope the kindergartner will be able to join immersion next year. My oldest has been pushed and challenged in a positive way, but with solid expectations. My middle one was dismissed in kindergarten at our base school when I asked multiple times about her speech. When I asked last year at Ravensworth, they had her tested immediately and have since started her on therapy, I can hear the improvement already. My youngest is being challenged in kindergarten although she started already knowing how to read and add, they push her own limits to keep her from growing bored. We have had experience in private school, our base school, and now Ravensworth, and I am by far happiest at Ravensworth. Mrs. Salata and Mr. Paper run a tight but kind ship focused on the success of the children.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 16, 2015
I feel like I keep getting asked the same questions on this website but YES, the school develops respect amongst the students (with students) and with their teachers as well.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 16, 2015
In my opinion, this school definitely develops compassion, caring and empathy. My boys are special ed and there is a good amount of special ed kids in the school. The gen ed kids are VERY kind and compassionate to them; there are instances where the gen ed kids can mentor or act as role models. I've also noticed how wonderful the bus patrol monitor children (who volunteer for the job) interact with all of the children on the bus - they are wonderful.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 16, 2015
I do feel the school develops honesty, integrity and fairness. The staff in the front office are very friendly and communicative. And I believe all things trickle down from the Principal, and Mrs. Salata, the Raven.sworth Prinicipal is awesome. One thing I appreciate is that I've discovered that the Principal and Vice Principal really pay close attention and consideration when placing students in their classes (which teacher would be the best match for each student). They get to know their students on an individual level. They are wonderful.

Ravensworth Elementary School 5

Posted September 16, 2015
I don't know why the average is 3 stars...I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. The principal, Mrs. Salata is AWESOME. The Vice Principal, Mr. Paper, is also great; they are both very hands on with both the students and the parents. I have loved all of my sons' teachers. Both of my sons have IEP's and I am very happy with the education, approach and services offered by the school. Parents can be as active as they would like through multiple volunteer opportunities. Lastly, there are pepole who MOVE to this school district because of Ravensworth's SPANISH IMMERSION education opportunity where children are taught in Spanish to "immerse" them in the language. I believe families who choose this education track have to apply to be accepted into it, and their children are taught 1/2 in Spanish and 1/2 in English. If my boys weren't special ed, I would have LOVED to sign them up for this. All in all, Ravensworth is a GREAT school. My children had attended two other schools before Ravensworth but Ravensworth is my favorite. :)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted September 16, 2015
There wasn't a selection button for "Everyone" and I do thank the teachers often and show my appreciation during "Teacher Appreciation" day or week. * I'd like to thank the staff in the front office - who works tirelessly; they really know my children and my family and have been wonderful. * The art teacher, the speech teacher and the Special Ed department - ALL wonderful. * And a special shout out to my now friend, Ms. Brown in the cafeteria. She is literally one of the nicest people I have ever met (so warm and caring). I feel like she should be part of my family. Love you Ms. Brown. xoxo Mrs. Crowe

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 16, 2015
I have loved EVERY teacher my children have had, including: Mrs. Ramage / Mrs. Branch - Kindergarten Ms Elizabeth / Ms. Kim / Ms. Mary - Spec Ed Pre-School Mrs.Gleich - Kindergarten (prev) and 1st Grade (current). Ravensworth may switch grades that certain teachers teach.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted September 16, 2015
My children are in Kindergarten and 1st Grade so I can't comment on the homework assignments quite yet (it's only the 2nd week of school, Sept 2015).

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 16, 2015
OH NO. I think on the past questions I kept clicking on the Strongly Disagree option thinking it was STRONGLY AGREE. I think this school is great and I'm getting annoyed with the web site asking me to answer more and more questions after my initial, DETAILED review. RAVENSORTH IS WONDERFUL.

Ravensworth Elementary School 4

Posted December 31, 2014
My son is a second grader in the Spanish Immersion program at Ravensworth. We've been very pleased with the school. We did not have any experience with the old principal, as we started with the school the same year the new principal started. But I echo what other reviewers have said - she is very visible, very accessible, and is bringing a lot of positive energy to the school. The new 1st grade immersion teachers are amazing - like seriously the dream team! My son also loves his 2nd grade teachers. I also like that the school does a fun-run for its annual fund raiser - 100% of the money raised goes to the school. No need to make the kids sell random items that no one really wants anyway. Raises money and contributes to health and fitness! Win win for everyone.

5411 Nutting Dr, Springfield, VA  22151
Last modified Ravensworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ravensworth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top