Stafford, VA
Before care: Yes

Hampton Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2014
As a parent of 2 high achieving children, I must disagree with the 2 previous reviews. My older child attended Hampton Oaks from K-5 and has now finished her first year of middle school with all As. My younger child still attends the school and loves it. Her teachers have always done a phenomenal job challenging her and I feel she is very prepared for middle school as well. In my experience, the ESL students are some of the hardest working, most respectful children at the school. Both of my kids had many friends who were ESL and I feel like their education experience was richer because of it. We love Hampton Oaks and have lived in the community for 12 years. The staff at the school are incredibly hard working and I am happy with our decision to live where we do. :)

Posted May 21, 2014
This school is awful! There are 2 reviews from 2014 that hit the nail on the head. I thought for a second that I was reading my own review. Way too much ESL here! Children who may have been thriving before getting here will be forced to stop learning and wait for everyone else to get caught up. And you will offend the principal and the staff if you mention it! In my child's grade, only 4 kids are at or near his level. 4 kids that are capable to think outside of the box. But they are only allowed to do that with the focus teacher when she has time for them. Otherwise they are made to feel dumb and are bored to death. Don't waste $300,000. - $400,000 buying a home in the Hampton Oaks community if you want a decent education for your child!

Hampton Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
The School located a Gem of a new teacher. For some reason the school was forced to hire a new teacher mid way through my granddaughters 5th grade year. The new teacher, Ms. Barney has brought my Granddaughter out of her shell. My Granddaughter went from complaining about school to excited about school. I am very satisfied that the Principal of the Year continues to impress in adding engaging teachers to her staff.

Posted March 08, 2014
The staff at Hampton Oaks is truly amazing. They work hard to ensure that learning is the number one priority. Integrated learning is a part of the curriculum and the PTO is very dedicated to assisting students and staff. We love our school!

Posted February 25, 2014
VERY disappointed by how the redistricting has impacted those students with average to above average abilities. The school has been overrun with ESL kids and teachers are teaching to the lowest common denominator in the classroom. Those with abilities beyond that are forced to either be "helpers" for other kids or to busy themselves with worksheets. When you have a staff of 5 ESL teachers, something is off balance. We bought our home in this area because of the school and what it used to be. Now it is simply a bus depot for the kids who need a lot of services. Very sad how the high performers are swept under the rug here.

Hampton Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2014
This school used to be great but with the open enrollment / zoning changes, the school d seems like it is 75% ESL (non-english speaking) students. This school is getting progressively worse. The curriculum has to be slowed down so that the non english speaking students in classrooms can get additional instruction. Because of this problem, the rest of the children in class occupy themselves and end up being either ignored or must figure out/teach themselves the classwork. By the end of the schoolyear the teachers struggle to jam as much test info as possible so that the students pass the SOL. My children can pass the SOL but don't have any real knowledge in the subjects so are forced to homeschool in the evenings, weekends and holidays. We moved here because of the schools, now we regret out choice.

Posted August 27, 2013
Excellent school. The principal is absolutely wonderful an the teachers follow suit, I have no complaints. Thank Mrs. Groover, you're incredible. TOP QUALITY EDUCATION !!!

Posted November 09, 2011
My daughter went from loving School to hating it. I have talked with the staff and nothing was done. The reason the kids misbehave in this School is because nothing is done about it. We picked this area because of the School and we are very dissapointed, we are now leaving because of the School.

Posted August 13, 2011
My child just finished fifth grade at this school. She received an excellent education and is fully prepared for middle school. The staff works hard, including teachers, administration and support staff. There are many opportunities for students to extend their learning. We give this school and exceptional review.

Posted May 26, 2011
This school might have been good until they opened enrollment outside of the normal area. Now there are kids at this school that make it horrible. My daughter is in the second grade and this was her first year at a public school. She attended DoDs schools overseas before this and we loved it. Public school has been a horrible experience. She has learned thing at 7yrs old that she should not know for many years to come and it because bad kids that don't belong there and teachers not doing anything about it even after they have been told repeatedly what is going on. My daughter is going to private school in the fall.

Hampton Oaks Elementary School
107 Northampton Blvd, Stafford, VA  22554
Last modified Hampton Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hampton Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top