Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 16, 2015
My son is doing full IB. Brooke Point is an amazing school with amazing teachers. Couldn't be more happy at BP. Also, has some of the best kids in Stafford.

Posted November 30, 2014
I think that this school is one of the best in the county! I've been to 3 different high schools in 3 different states during my high school career, and this one has been the best out of all of them. Moving around had taken a toll on my grade, but since being at Brooke Point, I am now back to being an A/B student. The teachers and counselors are willing to help you and make sure you are prepared for the next level of education. The student body is very culturally diversity and friendly, so it's not hard to make a friend of two. Overall, the school is awesome and I hope future students will think so, too. :)

Posted June 12, 2014
Great IB program. Wonderful teachers! Counselors are outstanding! Very good experience for our children. Enjoyed the high school years.

Posted February 04, 2014
Brooke Point High School is epic! The administrators introduced to us the best program structure that changed my daughter's learning experience while transitioning to the 9th grade! Due to military relocation we will depart school but will always support as my nieces and nephews will attend soon.

Posted July 09, 2013
My daughter just graduated from this school. She had the most amazing teachers in her last year. ( I should share that I am a teacher in another county) My daughter is a "high flyer", but she often chooses to not take full advantage of learning opportunities. Communication from some teachers-way above average and other teachers- no communication. I know I can check online for her grades and not turned in work. He newest principal is fantastic!

Posted February 19, 2013
My son will enter Brooke Point this coming Fall to begin his high school career. We went to orientation night for emerging students and I was impressed. The curriculum is very diverse and my son will be participating in the international bachelors program. This will help him focus and prepare for university. The additional programs are also very impressive. I was surprised by the enthusiasm of the staff and the student body. I am really looking forward to the coming school year, as is my son. I'm glad Stafford county continues to provide relevant scholastic programs that help prepare our kids for life beyond the home. Keep it up, Brooke Point and Stafford school system, you're doing great things and making a difference.

Posted July 18, 2012
I am a current student (Class of 2014) at Brooke Point and I think the school overall is pretty good. There are many different types of classes and the school offers regular classes, honors classes, AP and IB classes for students. I think the teachers honestly have the best interest for the students but it's up to the students to step up and exceed expectations. There aren't too many fights at school because the school has a strict no-bullying policy and this includes cyber bullying. I only gave the school a 4 out of 5 because it still has a long way to go faculty and overall education wise but it's progressing very well in my opinion.

Brooke Point High School 2

Posted December 22, 2011
We have 2students in different grades in BPHS and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Our opinion is that the education is average at best. Many of the teachers are not my ideal and a few, in my opinion, should not be allowed to teach.There are a few extraordinary teachers there but not many.There is a real sense of us vs. them at BPHS. It is my observation/opinion that when a teacher does something wrong, unprofessional or discriminatory the school and district Admins.will almost always take the side of the teacher over the child/parent. Parents of students in certain extra curricular teams/groups are afraid to complain because it may be taken out on the child in the form of not advancing them or not giving equitable play time for example. There is no real demand for student excellence as evidenced by the counselor who told our child "It's ok if your grades are poor, you can just go to a comm. college for2 yrs then go to a better college." Teachers/coaches are allowed &encouraged to play favorites among students. Parent input is frequently disregarded. Freq. fights among students,gang activity, teen pregnancy and lg. classes are problems. We would move if we could.

Posted September 18, 2011
Brooke Point High School has excellent teachers and many hardworking and fun students. This school year, Brooke Point will be graduating its first International Baccalaureate Diploma candidates. The sports, academics and fine arts are among the best in the state.

Posted December 07, 2010
I believe this high school has great preporatory classes. I felt prepared when I went to college after taking College Prep classes at BPHS. The teachers are knowledgeable, the staff is friendly, and the extracurricular activites are fantastic.

Brooke Point High School
1700 Courthouse Rd, Stafford, VA  22554
Last modified Brooke Point High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.