Bad
Good

Academically, I found H.H. Poole to be sufficient. However, we encountered huge discipline issues at this school. Several teachers had no control over the classroom. In addition, the principal was very passive in providing a safe environment for our children. Stafford County promotes an anti-bullying policy quite vocally, but we found that there was no substance behind it at H.H. Poole. They pay lip service to it, but no action. It is hit or miss with teachers. Some were great and provided excellent communication with students and parents. Others seemed to resent questions from student and any parental envolvement. As someone else stated in and earlier post, I found many teachers to be combative and dismissive towards parental interaction. In retrospect (my kids are now in high school), I believe Rodney Thompson is probably the best middle school in the county.

I would note that those who provided poor reviews also had poor writing skills...so consider the source of their disdain. Perhaps they have issues with authority. Our experience with HH Poole has been positive. Aside from the academics and high school prep classes, there are numerous sports programs and other extracurricular activities available.

I am a student, I went to Poole for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. I have had trouble with the teachers and the way they teach the students. The teachers are frequently trying to find something wrong with what you wear, what you have to say, and any opinons you have. They believe that children don't have the right to voice their opinions. I do not like a few of the staff there. I would prefer you to chose a more resonable school for your child/children.

I Think that this school is very good overall. The leadership though is shaky. I feel as if the administration is changing how the school is run every single quarter. Its very hard to keep balance and to get adjusted. This school itself though is wonderful. I learned information way above middle school level. Many things are offered at this school. Good learning environment! The administration has told me many things that they haven't done. If your looking for great admin I suggest a different place! But if that isn't a big issue for you than this is your place!

Administrators and teachers were combative and dismissive when concerns were presented to them regarding the well-being of my child. If you have a choice of schools, pick the other school.

Great program all around. The 3Rs, parent/teacher team concept and extra-curricula events and programs.

SUCH a great school. i may be biased but... i love it here!!!!!

Have grand child at this school and have had many dealings w/ them.

We moved from out of state and are very pleased with HH Poole. They do a great job of transitioning kids into middleschool . It is a safe and great learning environment.

i i love this school i mean we are reviewing for the SOLs and everything we even have reviewing afterschool from 3 to 4:15 it is a very good school and we are great in sports too! goOoOo MUSTANGS!!!whoo

Last modified H.H. Poole Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.