Bad
Good

Posted May 10, 2015
I have a child at Ann E Moncure school now. I feel that the staff are great and really work with you to help you get the best education.

Posted March 25, 2015
I am a parent of 3 children at Moncure Elementary. I also substitute teach there as well. I can not think of a reason why this would not be rated a 9 or 10 on Great Schools. It is about the nicest place one could send a child! The students are kind, the front office, nurse and staff are excellent. My girls come home happy nearly every day. Moncure has high standards and the children are taught according to the State of Virginia standards. There is an acceptable amount of homework - not too much and not too little in my opinion. Obviously this may differ by teacher but we have had six teachers now and I feel they are pretty consistent throughout. The teachers here truly care about the student's success and work hard to provide a loving and nurturing learning environment. There are wonderful opportunities for your children to be involved in extracurricular after school activities as well. Come check it out and you will be happy you did!

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter is in Kindergarten at this school. I am happy with the information she is learning as well as her reading level. I volunteer on Thursdays and I am pleased with the Principal and staff. There are many after school programs offered for math, science, and reading. My child's art work is very advanced and she always has a library book to read. I am very happy with this school.

Anne E. Moncure Elementary School 2

Posted March 26, 2014
We were not happy at this school. There are most definitely a few teachers (Kindergarten) who are not fit to be teachers and lack the qualities a parent would want around their children. We just moved from this school and are happy we did. The principal is very nice but the teachers do not try to challenge the smarter kids. The school is very old and sits right up next to the busy main road.

Anne E. Moncure Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2014
I can't submit enough about Moncure Elementary. The Principal, Teachers, Staff, and our PTO do so much to keep our school great. Teachers (and Principal) are approachable and work with parents to ensure that our children succeed. The school is a little on the older side but full of passion for learning and teaching. You know you have a great school when your children come home excited about what they did at school that day and when your oldest can transfer into Middle School easily.

Posted March 03, 2014
We absolutely love Moncure! I have a kindergartener and a first grader; we could not be happier. I volunteer frequently and love the friendly office staff. My girls have two very different personalities and they were wonderfully placed with great teachers! I love that the principal comes to every event and out daily to talk to parents and students.

Anne E. Moncure Elementary School 2

Posted November 22, 2013
Nice people (parents, teachers, and staff) but is overcrowded. 700 students is too many for the number of special needs and challenged children this school has. This site lost my comphensive review of the school. Surrounded by too many businesses and too little green area. Library is too small for normal library activities. PE has 50 students per class. Music is understaffed and lacks some reasonable equipment to do more than introduce children to music.

Posted June 11, 2012
Moncure is an excellent school, my kids just finished the 5th grade and I feel that this school has done a wonderful job preparing my children for the sixth grade. Thanks to all the Staff and Teachers

Posted September 12, 2011
Moncure Elementary is a FABULOUS school which offers multiple tools and effective ways for our children to learn. Its a very parent friendly environment, even the Principal takes the time to meet and greet everyone. My son LOVES the school and so far has liked every teacher there. I am shocked to see such a low rating for this school. Its not accurate and parents should evaluate themselves before they ridicule other kids at the school. Kids behavior has a lot to do with parenting, don't blame the school b.c. your kid was disciplined or dealt with other types of personalities at the school. MONCURE IS AWESOME!

Posted August 28, 2011
My son will be starting school at Moncure Elementary for the first time this year and I was so nervous because I was afraid the size of the school would intimidate him and I became a little more nervous seeing that the school only rated a 4 out of ten on this site, but after reading the reviews I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. It's great to have sites like this were parents can see how the school rates. I think we're ready for this year and I am now excited for my son to start school, meet his new teachers and make new friends. Thanks Great Schools.

Anne E. Moncure Elementary School
75 Moncure Ln, Stafford, VA  22556
Last modified Anne E. Moncure Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.