Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

We are very new to the area and the school. I was extremely worried for my first grader because he it would be his 3rd elementary school and he is only in first grade. However, the school is incredibly supportive and he is loving it. On his first day, I missed getting him at the bus stop and didnt have a ride to bring him home. Believe it or not, his principal and teacher Mrs. D, drove him home. That won my heart. This was really remarkable. He is already in love with his teacher. The school looks promising. We are looking forward to wonderful elementary years for my 3 kids at this school.

Amount of homework: no rating

Because we are fairly new, therefore I am not the best person to answer that.

As a single mom and on active duty, Winding Creek was a God-send. They offer morning and after care (YMCA program - for a fee, of course) which is a must for me. The teachers are supportive and communicate with me effectively. They also offer a great music program and are dedicated to fitness. So glad I found you!

We just moved from the area and the school seems very nice. The teachers seem happy and engaged. My only issue is the size of the classes and the transition program for students that transfer in. My son is in 2nd grade and nearly 30 students in his class with one teacher and a helper that comes in and out! Unfortunately, my son does not get a lot of attention due to the class size but the teacher seems to communicate well with me. As for transfers, I'm not sure if they do assessments for transfer students but it doesn't seem like it. My son feels like he is no longer "smart" because he's behind in classes at this school. He won three awards in his last school so he's feeling different about the new school, friends and location on top of being "behind". I think the classes are way too large for a teacher to be really effective in teaching ALL the students...not just the students that pick it up quickly. I'm not sure I would transfer into this school mid-year if I had the choice. Additionally, my son's first day was suprising. They did not have anything prepared for him (no desk with name tag, no chair, no supplies, no buddy program).

We are fairly new to Winding Creek, but so far we have loved it! My daughter is in 4th grade and simply adores her teacher, Mrs. Knapp. We transferred from Conway,which was an excellent school, but Winding Creek is right up there. Glad we came here!

My school is Winding Creek Elementary School, my daughter moved to this school, two months ago. At first, she was not happy about the change in her school, but, we informed her teacher and school staff of her feelings and we started noticed that she seem happy about going to school. Her reading and math scores has improved in the two months of attending the school. She is happy and so are we!!!!

Winding Creek is a great school to be! My daughter went to school there and now my grand daughter will go starting in September - she is so excited! The teachers are very knowledgeable and helpful - always keeping parents informed about their child's progress. Stafford County school system is a very good place to belong!

The school and administration are absolutely wonderful!! All three of my children have been attending WCES since kindergarten and testing scores are really good. They have positive attitudes, enthusiasm, and are very caring. Out of all the wonderful teachers, we only had one bad experience with a first grade teacher, Mrs. "H", who consistently gossiped to other teachers and substitutes about her students families. Additionally, she gives very thick homework packets each week that is expected to be complete in 4 days. Homework was also given on all holiday breaks including Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break, and memorial day weekend. Overall, the staff goes above and beyond their call of duty.

We chose for our children to attend Winding Creek after extensive research and visits to all of the elementary schools in the area. We even evaluated those in neighboring counties. Fortunately, we had the advantage of several co-workers living in the area to gather information. Winding Creek has exceeded our expectations and the teachers have been FANTASTIC for our children. Our kids love the school and the Focus program offered by Stafford county. We have also found the administration of the school to be top notch and very squared away. They take ownership of their programs and keep the school in good condition. The parenting community has fantastic support to supplement their needs.

When we relocated to Virginia, we specifically chose to live in the Stafford County School District. We found the districts to the immediate north and south to not be as highly rated. We also specifically picked Augustine neighborhood in order to get the wonderful trifecta of Winding Creek, Rodney Thompson and Colonial Forge. All are excellent schools. Both of our children are reading above grade level and are challenged. Both have loved all their teachers so far. Winding Creek has good leadership and an active PTO.

Last modified Winding Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.