Stafford, VA

Posted March 09, 2015
Very happy with the school. My kids continue to do well & test above grade level.

Widewater Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2014
The score is LOW 4/10 as it s based on TEST SCORES - 3rd grade and up. Children/Teacher ratio 30/1. The Principle/Vice Principle need to reevaluate the teachers and make sure they are at their highest performance levels of teaching our children and have a monthly classroom evaluator. Kindergarten- I had NO Idea what PALS is, nor did my child take any test for Accelerated Reading because the teacher failed to send home a detailed letter explaining how any of this worked. I looked at the WES website and the teachers do NOT update their classroom pages for months at a time. The teacher failed to call/email me suggesting why my child was not taking any reading tests. An "Award Ceremony" was held at the end of the school year. Many children were not awarded for Reading and passing a reading test. It was upsetting to see many children did NOT receive any kind of an award/certificate just for passing to the next grade level. Children are very impressionable people and they like to feel proud of themselves, so Widewater Staff, give ALL children something even a little certificate saying, You Did a Great Job This Year! Let our children walk up on that stage and hand them a certificate.

Posted July 28, 2014
Widewater is a school that is focused on the students and their ability to achieve. The teachers and staff are dedicated to the students.

Posted May 23, 2014
I agree with one of the postings regarding the rating, it should be higher (8 or 9/10). As a parent of 2 children attend widewater since Fall 2009, I feel the Teachers are extremely competent, caring and highly motivated. My kids love the school because of the wonderful teachers and Principle; Parent involvement is constant and frequently encouraged, and Staff morale is high with a very low turnover rate. In addition to up to date textbooks and the implementation of Smart boards and other tech advances.

Posted April 13, 2014
I don't understand why the school rating is not higher. Widewater has been an absolute blessing. We struggled with a speech delay with my daughter, and we really didn't know how she would do in school her first year. Now, towards the end of first grade, there's no delay. She reads on level. Her teachers have been some of the finest people I've ever met. There are all sorts of activities for them to enjoy. The kindergarten and first grade staff and admin have been amazing! Absolutely love the school, students, and faculties.

Widewater Elementary School 4

Posted March 11, 2014
Fantastic and dedicated principal , assistant principal, and teachers. Widewater is a positive environment with lots of school spirit and great kids. My son has had two great years at this school.

Posted March 23, 2012
We love this school! Widewater is an excellent school. Our son has attended Widewater for the past two years (Kindergarten and 1st grade) and have found that the teachers are very attentive to the childrens needs and their education. The curriculum is excellent; my son arrives from the school excited to learn new things and I am always amazed at what they are teaching them a such a young age. As volunteers, we see first hand what the daily agendas are and the effort that the staff puts into every child. I would recommend this school to anyone. The staff is friendly and it is evident that their students interests are their priority.

Widewater Elementary School 1

Posted March 15, 2011
This school has a very poor special education program and policy. I have a special needs son that qualified for services immediately in other districts, however, Widewater has fought me tooth and nail over every single issue they could possibly fight over. Other parents have also told me that the curriculum is totally inadequate. Kindergarteners still learning letters, colors and shapes (rather than any sort of reading skills), and much of the school caters to minorities with english as a second language, and this puts other children at a disadvantage.

Posted September 21, 2009
I now have 5 of my grandchildren who have or are going to WCES. I think the teachers have been friendly and quite competent. The children seem to enjoy the environment and the extra 'family' activities planned at the school.

Posted July 10, 2009
Our daughter is doing very well academically and socially at WW Elemenatry School. She transfered from Anne E. Moncure this year due to redistricting. Her SOL Scores were very good, and she was elected to serve on the student council. We are very pleased with the school as a whole and her 3rd grade teacher was fantastic.

101 Den Rich Rd, Stafford, VA  22554
Last modified Widewater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Widewater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top