Posted October 01, 2014
Both of my kids have attended this school and they love it! The office staff is not rude, they are just very strict and safety is a priority in this school. Teachers are amazing, I really don't have anything to bad to say about it! the rating says 7 but last year it went to a 9, the school has improved a lot.

Posted December 12, 2013
As a former elementary school teacher, I can honestly say that I am impressed with this school and the staff. I could not be happier that my child attends kinder here. The office staff is very friendly, the school has a great PTO, the administration seems very involved and my duaghter's teacher and aide are amazing. There also is always parents volunteering for various things through out the school. You definitely get a sense of school pride and a warm leaning environment as you enter the hallways. My daughter absolutely loves going to school and is thriving academically!

Posted September 25, 2013
I love this school! Everyone has been so welcoming from the preschool teachers up to and including the admin staff!

Rockhill Elementary School 1

Posted February 13, 2013
I have 5 children. This was by far the worst elementary school any of my kids have ever been to. I recently pulled my 4th grader out and started homeschooling her. She was being treated bad by her peers and her self esteem was getting worse every week. Her teacher Mrs. Givler, was wonderful and tried helping with these issues, but it just wasn't enough for my daughter. The office staff was rude the majority of the time making it to where I didn't even want to have to deal with them face to face. My husband and I were shocked when we enrolled her how rude the staff was. On top of it, most of the time she felt as though she was in prison. Someone getting after a child for every little thing. The kids for the most part just seemed scared. This is no way for children to feel at school!! My daughter wouldn't even go to the school nurse if she felt sick because she was scared of her. We are military, so we have been to countless schools......by far the worst experience! I never would have thought I'd be homeschooling. My daughter is a new child now!

Posted January 28, 2013
Two of my children currently attend Rockhill Elementary and have been at the school for the past 3 years. Overall I have been very pleased with the school and believe they are getting a good education. The teachers have been great and do a wonderful job. I do believe parent involvement is very important both at the school and at home for your child to be successful.

Posted January 16, 2013
This is our second year at Rockhill. I continue to be impressed with the staff's level of dedication to the kids! The office staff is extremely professional and especially warm and friendly to all who come in. There are so many staff members that genuinely care about the success of my kids, it's unbelievable! Again this year, my kids have the most amazing teachers that seem to be a perfect fit for my kids. Now I see why many families flock to this paticular area of Stafford.

Posted December 19, 2012
Rockhill Elementary School is an amazing school, my little one has been attending two years and loves it very much! I myself love the teachers and their kindness. I think this school is great, the friendly environment makes any kid and his/her family feel welcomed. Thank You ROCKHILL ELEMENTARY !!!!!!

Rockhill Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2011
I am disappointed with this school. My son's teacher has been great that's about the only good thing so far. This is my first year. The office staff is rude especially Mrs. Rogers. I find she's very rude to parents and I witnessed her being rude to the principle.

Rockhill Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2011
I was not impressed with Rockhill at all. My child brings home WAY too much homework due to lack of classroom time. Adding that on top of my daughters tutor classes each week is a little much. A 2nd grader should only have 1 homework assignment. Any class work not completed is sent home along with the everyday spelling homework routine. The teachers negligence to manage enough classroom time for all students to finish their work is something the school really needs to work on. I feel that some of the staff there are unprofessional and unaware of how to communicate with parents. I enjoyed the school much better when Mrs. Butters was the principal.

Rockhill Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2010
RES is a wonderful school. As for the lack of lunchroom discipline comment-not true. They allow the children to talk freely at lunch so that they are less inclined to do so in the class later in the day. Also, kids will have homework. If a teacher is unable to finish a lesson in class it is due to time constraints. Happens in all schools. If you are a parent deciding on your choice of schools based on the reviews of a dozen parents and not on something more substantial, you are clueless.

Rockhill Elementary School
50 Wood Dr, Stafford, VA  22556
Last modified Rockhill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rockhill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top