Bad
Good

We are very happy with this school. We have had the most wonderful experiences with Ms. Peterson a third grade teacher. She inspires the students to love learning.

This is a school who loves it's students and tries to meet the needs of each one. Compassionate teachers, especially in the special education capacity. Highly recommend this school; our two children enjoyed going there.

We are very Happy! Great PTO involvement! We love our teacher! Great programs. PE twice a week.

I was a graduate. I was S.C.A president in 2010-2011 school year. I t was the best school ever and I recommend it .

This is an amazing school. The teachers and staff go above and beyond the call of duty for your child. If your child has special needs they will do everything they can to help.

I love this school. My children are in first grade and kindergarten. The teachers in both grades utilize notebooks that my children bring home daily. We use it as a tool to communicate with each other. Also, my children bring home weekly newsletters that tell me what areas will be covered that week in addition to daily homework assignments. I am pretty happy with security in the school. The school has a rigid security plan. The office staff is helpful and friendly. PTO is great and host many fundraising and community based events. I like the school's drop off and pick up from school system. It is very organized and emphasizes child safety. Keep in mind that a child can not be dropped off earlier than 8:35 a.m. My children have PE twice a week and weekly have music, art, and go to the library.

My son spent two years here and we are sad to leave overall. The kindergarten year last year was the best-we have a fantastic teacher who, unfortunately, moved. Our fist grade year has not been as successful. The teacher is extremely nice and loves the children but doesn't challenge them at all. When we have asked, she tells us how much she loves the children. My son has done well but because the bar is set so low, I think he has lost ground and am disappointed with that. The office is amazing-they do such a wonderful job of knowing all the children and their parents. They encouraged the parents to help out as much as possible. The activities offered at night are always a hit with the kids. I don't have any contact with the administration so I can't add anything in that area. All in all-it's been great.

Our youngest daughter went to second and third grade at PRES. I wasn't impressed the first year we were there --- the teacher didn't fit the style of authority that my child needed. We had just moved there the week before school, so we didn't have an opportunity to find a teacher/student fit. However, her third grade year was phenomenal!!! With my volunteer hours and the student/teacher fit being more in-line with the teaching style my daughter needed, we were much happier and loved PRES! Sad to say, we had to move and miss everyone and everything about this school. From the phenomenal gym teachers, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, front office staff and teaching staff to the amazing parents -- this school has it all!

I have one child that has gone to PRES and is now in middle school, one currently in PRES and one coming next year to PRES. The school is awesome with the administrative staff, teachers and overall atmosphere. The teachers my children have had went above and beyond to ensure there sucess not only academically but to address their individual needs. It has always been a warm and inviting school with an available policy to meet with either the administration and/or teachers. Parents are welcome in the classroom to volunteer and helpout. It has been an wonderful experience for my children and our family. I would not want to change schools!

My child transferred to PRES in 2006 and I have experienced on many occasions the lack of communication from my childs' teachers. I find it extremely difficult to get answers from the teachers - past and present. I am unable to speak or meet with the Principal as no one returns email, phone calls, etc. I am very involved with my child's education and school activities and volunteer when the time allows.

Last modified Park Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.