Posted May 12, 2015
We are a military family who have moved our children to many different schools. St. William of York School and Parish have been a blessing to our entire family. The authentic Catholic Culture and education that this school offers is excellent. The teachers are enthusiastic, readily available to parents and are dedicated to every student. The Administration also has an "open door" policy and are easily approachable and helpful at any time. St. William of York Catholic School truly is a family. The sports and after school activities are rapidly growing and can only continue to succeed. Our children have thrived at St. William of York!

Posted May 11, 2015
Our children are sincerely happy at St. William of York. As parents, it is important to us that our children can learn in a safe, enriched, and loving environment. The entire faculty and staff are a testament to this. The whole school community is very tight knit, creating a sense of family. We have been blessed with wonderful experiences in both the preschool and the elementary school, watching our children blossom. From the academic experience to the extracurricular options, we are very pleased with the school. As part of the military, having to move around the world so often, it's not always easy to settle in and find a home, we have happily done that here at St. William of York.

Posted May 07, 2015
We are very happy with the education our children are receiving at St. William of York Catholic School. The Catholic Culture is first and foremost with each and everything at the school. Academically, our children are receiving a great education from teachers who are knowledgeable about the subject matter. We like the family environment that continues from the school into the Parish. We feel we made the right choice in sending our children here!

Posted March 10, 2015
My child started in their preschool program. We decided that financially we could not afford a private education for all our children and we enrolled him into SCPS. Things were awful. My son was told he is not to share what happens at school with us. And the counselor told him what happens and is shared between them is a secret that he cannot share with his parents NO MATTER WHAT! And the mountains of problems all over the place. So I made a phone call and registered for my child to attend St. William. Totally different child. He shares and is excited about school again. Now, he's waking me up before our alarm, I have to take him to school! My thoughts since Rockhill is the principal may be the head of the school but the body (teachers, parents, and students) can influence the head to turn wherever the problems are. This school has been nothing but fantastic. All 4 of my children will attend this school and will NEVER step foot into a SCPS again. The money for tuition can be found thanks to our Parish, family and friends who understand the difference a Catholic education has on a child.

Posted November 24, 2014
After six years at St William of York, it feels like home. The academic rigor is challenging, yet reasonable. Adding the Latin, Saxon Math, and Excellence in Writing programs were wonderful recent additions. The authentic Catholic culture is unmatched in the area. Many extra-curricular activities are available. My child has done choir, band, baseball, cheerleading, school newspaper, girls club, art club, even Engineering for Kids! My child is safe and well cared for at their extended care program. All of her teachers have shown a strong passion for teaching. Some have been young and inexperienced, but all have shown a great love for our children. When problems arose, as they always do, teachers were eager to help. Our principal is a caring administrator with a passion for teaching truth and goodness with only the best interest of our children in mind. No school is perfect, but the unkind reviews posted below say much more about the writers than they do the subject. I highly recommend St William of York to any parents wanting to offer their children a safe haven from the secular public schools, challenging academics, and an opportunity to learn and love their Catholic faith.

St. William of York Catholic School 2

Posted November 19, 2014
The Principal is very nice and approachable (maybe a little too nice and less assertive). The front office staff is just as nice and helpful. However, 60% of this school's teaching staff is questionable as it pertains to the high percentage of young, inexperienced teachers who exhibit the following characteristics: Lack of Content Knowledge, Lack of Professionalism, Poor Judgment, and Poor People Skills. The school needs more teachers who consider the following: What could I have done differently? What assignment could I have changed? Are there things I should do regarding texts, approaches, assessments that better connect to the student?" SWOY allows parent-teachers to teach their own children, giving the appearance of favoritism and influence in many instances (e.g. grades, awards, etc.). On a scale of 1 to 10, we give this school a "4" for K-8 education. Their pre-school program is top rate! The Pre-school Director and her staff are very professional, kind, and caring. I recommend SWOY for parents with Pre-K children.

St. William of York Catholic School 4

Posted September 06, 2014
We are going into our 2nd year at SWOY and I'm surprised by some of these reviews. No school is perfect and there is always room for improvement, but overall we've been very happy here. The principal has an open door policy and is very approachable. SWOY has a great sense of community and the kids are surrounded by many wonderful, Catholic families. I'm hopeful that the issues we saw in our first year (especially teacher retention and communication) will continue to improve.

Posted August 28, 2014
St. William of York Catholic School encourages open communication with all parent stakeholders with a view toward continuous improvement, and we recognize the importance of personal, face to face conversation as a vital step toward effecting change. Our principal is just a phone call away for parents and prospective parents to engage in meaningful conversation about and on behalf of our students and school. Our enthusiastic and growing team of parent leaders is a tribute to this collaboration.

St. William of York Catholic School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
Poor Leadership, principal is inadequate! We have since moved our kids from this school! Spare yourself, save your time and money! Other great Private schools in the area!!

St. William of York Catholic School 1

Posted August 17, 2014

St. William of York Catholic School
3130 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Stafford, VA  22554
Last modified St. William of York Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. William of York Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top