Bad
Good

Great School. Listed among US News top best high schools in the United States 2015.

The school is horrible. I believe there are major issues. Look at who the Principal is and look at who was the QB on the football team was last year. I have continuous problems with the administrative staff. When I asked my daughters teacher what areas does she need to focus on to get her grades up and the teacher said "I don't know". Most of the teachers appear to be unqualified. Currently online the kids talk about the "bullying" and intimidation by the teachers. I said I would talk to the teacher about a specific incident with my child my child begged me not to say anything. I heard all the schools in the County are the same. If you want to know more, you may want to google criminal issues surrounding Stafford County schools.

If you are one of the golden ones, the school is great, I'm sure. I have found it to be very elitist, not welcoming for kids with differences. If you want a good education and are willing to run the social gauntlet and just pray that your kid comes out with some self esteem left, this is your school. I find the new Principal after having a disastrous merry go round of 3 short term Principals to be uninvolved, uninspired and the leader of those kids that fit in.

As a military family, we've had the opportunity to explore various educational environments across the country. Colonial Forge High School was highly recommended by many different resources, and has a wonderful reputation / relationship with its community. For us, CFHS had a lot to live up to--we were absolutely amazed when our high expectations were not only met--but, greatly exceeded. The dedicated leadership staff is outstanding in relating to students by providing expectations, guidance, and care. They are present, visible, and accessible to the students throughout the school day. The resulting environment is one of unified commitment between the students and staff. The staff is phenomenal. The STUDENTS know that THEY are the priority, and that their future is theirs to build. We didn't know schools like this were still possible to find.

My school is very overpopulated. The academics are great but the people in the school are not as good. I just completed my freshman year and i learned a lot. Bad things- there were around 9 to 10 fights I new about, we had a drug raid that had about 10 students arrested, some days you can smell smoke in the restroom, we has hazing on the cross country bus, and we still do not have a principal, and I see a lot of bullying everyday. Goods thing- mostly great teachers, great athletics, the assistant principals are fantastic, the opportunities and options they provide you with are awesome. If you can afford a private school, go there.

Colonial Forge has not had a principal in a full-time capacity since the beginning of 2013 when the principal resigned. The principal who replaced her has been on medical leave for most of the 2013-2014 school year. Without a captain at the helm, even a good school suffers.

I am now in my third year at Forge and I love it!! The staff is always there to help and give support. They have a great athletics programs and electives that help you discover what you would like to do in the future. I definitely recommend going to this school.

I have gone to Forge for the last 3 years and am in my senior year! I love CFHS. We have great teachers (students so/so). There are really no fights, which is good because it does not interrupt the learning environment. If you want to go to a great school, this is one to consider. You'll love it there and it will be a great four years!

Excellent Teachers, Strong Leadership, Challenging Academic Programs, Practically every extra-ciricular activity know to mankind, Excellent Athletics Programs and Significant support internally as well as externally. The day for these children starts at 7:20 and on many many occasions, goes well into the night with activities or sports. As a parent,my Sophmore student is being recruited by major colleges including Ivy. Thank you to everyone engaged in the educational processes in Stafford County Virginia, your dedication and commitment is special.

I went to Forge for all 4 years of high school and absolutely loved the school. I thought that the teachers were great and always willing to help either before or after school. The extracurriculars were wonderful, I got the opportunity to go to Nashville and Orlando for academic competitions. In my opinion Forge is the best high school in the district. I still have two brothers that go to school there and they love it as well. Whenever I come home from college I go back and visit the school and the teachers genuinely seem interested in how I'm doing. Great school!

Last modified Colonial Forge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.