Posted May 16, 2014
My daughter has been attending KWB for 3 Yrs and I love it! I love all the teachers she has had and the Principal!

Posted April 17, 2014
Best school ever! I cannot wait to enroll my kindergarter :) my two youngest siblings attend KWB for their elementary school career and nothing but good things came out of it.

Posted June 04, 2013
I have had a student in this school since it opened. 2 of my six children have gone here and my 2 grandkids go there now. This is by far the most exceptional group of teachers and administrators I have had the pleasure of knowing. The Principle is tough but fair. She expects parents to participate and understands but does not tolerate the tendancy we all have to be Papa/Momma bear thinking our little cub is perfect. When there is a problem or concern she is to the point, and is looking for the best way to bring out the full potential of the student. All the teachers we have had have been exceptional and have truly cared. Both my children who went there have excelled in middle and high school, and it is a direct result of the attitude, professionalism and caring of the KWB staff. My grandchildren have some issues due to turmol in their lives and the team at KWB have been very understanding and have helped us greatly to bring them along to where they love learning, behave (most times) and want to go to school in the morning. Go White Tigers!!

Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2012
My child had attended KWB and did not have a good experience at this school. I was told that my child was below reading level and he was not comprehending what he was reading. I was told by my child that he would ask the teacher questions and was ignored. My child was also made out to be the problem child when the teacher decided to make a behavior scale which showed different faces which represented how my chum did through the day and if it was a good day a piece of candy was given as if he was a pet. The principal is rude, she has no communication skills and her level of professionalism is at a zero. I felt my child definitely experienced prejudice and unfair treatment at KWB. Since leaving this school my child has excelled, is much more confident and loves the teacher as well as the environment. I will never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 11, 2010
Barrett is so much more than a school to these children. They are very giving and caring. From providing free winter coats to shoes to furniture for the house of needy students. And they are getting a top notch education as well.

Posted September 25, 2009
Top worst. School has very low expectations for the students. Teachers are constantly being moved around. Low standards. Not making Adaquate Yearly Progress. The list goes on...

Posted June 28, 2009
My son attended KWB for 3 years. He is a special ed student and most of the time it was a horrible experience for him. He was not learning and they were not teaching. The principle was hostile and not easy to deal with. He has now been in a Fairfax co. school for 3 years and and is reading near grade level. The move cost us financially but the experience has been priceless for Jacob. I am sorry we waited as long as we did to get him out of KWB. I would not recommend this scool to anyone with a special needs child.

Posted June 02, 2009
Our experiences at KWB are excellent. We have two children attending. The third grader has one of the most enthusiastic and caring teachers I've seen. The other student's Kindergarten teacher means business and keeps consistent contacts with the parents. The office staff is helpful. The school also has lots of events and happenings during and after school. It's been a nice school!

Posted April 28, 2009
This school has no communication skills. Some teachers lie about the assinments and most of all do no help your child. My child is scard do to the teacher yelling in many ways. I am suprized at this school of how there communication skill are so low and they are all so rude.

Posted April 08, 2009
This school leaves a lot to be desired. I transfered my child from this school 2 years ago, and it was the best decision my husband and I made for our child. Since leaving KWB, our child has gone from reading below grade level, and hating school, to being at the top of the class, and acheiving perfect attendance 2 years running. The principal is not easy to deal with. As long as you don't raise any questions about things in the classroom or at the school, you are fine, but the minute you shed any kind of light on any issues, you will definately have a problem with her for the remainder of the school year.

Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School
150 Duffey Dr., Stafford, VA  22554
Last modified Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top