Margaret Brent Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2014
The absolute weakest link at MBES is the front office. The "face of the school" from a customer interface standpoint is horrible at best. At the end of the day, I am the parent. Period. I cannot tell you how many times over the last 5 years I have walked away scratching my head after just having one of those "did that really just happen" moments as a result of interfacing with the "professionals" that man the desks when you go in to pick up and drop off your child. This also includes the school nurse. My wife is a RN and some of the interaction she has had with the school nurse from a medical professional standpoint is ridiculous. This is NOT a negative review of the school as overall we are very, very happy with the teachers that our children have been lucky enough to have, but you have to put up with the personalities and "policies" of the front office to get there. 4/5 starts as I do not want to hold the entire administrative experience on the shoulders of a few less than stellar members of the front office.

Posted August 19, 2013
We made a middle of the year move to MBES (2nd and 5th grade) from WA state. I couldn't be happier with this school. The staff at MBES were so welcoming and made our move so much easier. Both of my children had a great school year!

Margaret Brent Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2012
We have three children currently in MBES. I can not say enough how much we love this school. The teachers are both kind and understanding and very helpful to children who do need that extra help. If I had one complaint it would be the constant flyers coming home from the PTO for fund raisers etc. We live in a very nice area and while many families I am sure have the extra money for these things, there are many families who live pay check to paycheck and it is not fair to those children who can not afford these things. Also there has been more the one occasion where one or more of my children have said they were rushed out of the lunch room and were unable to finish their lunch.

Margaret Brent Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2012
I currently have 2 kids at Margaret Brent. We have had great teaches and no so great teachers. This can happen in any school but there is a need for consistentsy. Also there is a real lapse in the communication, both with the office staff and teachers. There is a need for more professionalism. We are also not happy with how the lunch schedule and recess times. Lunch can at times be as late as 1:oopm and recess is not also given. The facility is nice and new but new does not mean better. We had high hopes when we moved but now we have many regrets. Overall our experienced is just okay.

Posted May 13, 2010

Margaret Brent Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2010
We used Great Schools to educate ourselves about this school & focused our home search based on the information here. While we have not been totally disappointed with our choice, there is still a lot to be desired. We have 2 children enrolled, 2nd & 4th grades. The 2nd grade class seems very disorganized & has a lot of distractions... not well controlled. the 4th grade class, while better in those areas, the teacher seems to think she knows it all and doesn't involve parents or have regular communication with them. The office staff... the nurse... the lunchroom staff... counselors...everyone we have contact with has been lacking in some regard...professionalism, attitude, knowledge, organization... we came from a school that was locked on...and this one is definitely not. We are not seeking perfection... just better than this. Still, this is probably one of the better schools in Stafford.

Posted March 10, 2010
Totally awesome school, the teacher are like no other. I have a second and fourth grader attending this school. We moved two years ago and are driving our children there due to the quality, compassion, lovable, dynamic and total generousity of all the teacher. They give our kids every fiber of themselves. This is why MBES will always get my generous donations and support. We just recently had an activity there...Solar System Night by the Teacher of the Year...AWESOME!!! Hands down the best elementary school around.

Posted December 07, 2009
Absolutely wonderful school! The teachers are terrific and really know how to work with the kids. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The school is well designed, with an awesome library, which is very important in my opinion. Just an overall great school!

Posted November 09, 2009
great school.. very helpful teachers and very open and friendly

Margaret Brent Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Margaret Brent has wonderful teachers, an amazing library, and is just a very nice school. Plus, the students have scored good test on the Virginia Standards of Learning tests due to the dedication of the teachers and staff.

Margaret Brent Elementary School
2125 Mountain View Rd, Stafford, VA  22556
Last modified Margaret Brent Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Margaret Brent Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top