Posted May 16, 2011
My three older children graduated from Colonial Forge High School having attended from 2000 to 2008. We saw the school change dramatically over that course of time and decided to enroll our 4th child at Mountain View HS in the IB program. We couldn't be happier with the school - students, faculty and staff are wonderful and communication between the administration and the parents is exceptional. I find the incidence rates in the school are lower than they were at Colonial Forge, comparatively speaking. And while many in the school district insist the scores are higher at one school over another, I personaly don't see it. The history scores are 1% lower but their reading and writing scores are higher as of 2010. It's a perfect fit for my child - academically, athletically, and socially.

Posted August 19, 2010
I commute 70 miles a day so that my son can continue to attend this school. With teachers who are willing to stay after school until 5pm so that he can get the extra attention he sometines needs, there is noway unless God him self comes and tells me to move that my son will attend school anywhere else. Mt.View has a great teaching/office staff and the coaches (football atleast) are exceptional on and off the field. I can not be involved as much as I would like to be due to my work, but the opertunity is there.

Posted April 18, 2010
This school is a 10 In Our Family. We are so happy to have the IB Program at MVHS. Coming from a higher education family our kids are asked to take their school career seriously for their future. Our daughter has excelled in all of her classes way beyond our expectations. Every school day she cannot wait to get there and see her teachers and friends. Her teachers go the extra mile to help her if she has a question about her assignments. She enjoys her extra activities in sports as well. We cannot wait for our other child to attend MVHS as we know he will be successful as well.

Mountain View High School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
I am currently a senior at MVHS and I feel like this school offers so many choices to students, both athletically and academically. All the teachers are great. You know that the teachers there are dictated when they are willing to offer a study session at 6:30 a.m. to help tutor for the midterm or lend you five buck (I will pay them back.......eventually) for lunch money when they hear you stomach rumble. The atmosphere is both realistic (school drama is always present) but also encouraging. Overall, I will never regret coming to such a distinguished and warm-hearted establishment.

Posted January 26, 2009
Even though there are a few glitches, we still got the nicest athletic fields in Stafford County and the best food!!

Posted September 20, 2008
I am a student at Mountain View. After middle school I was very worried about going to high school but my freshman year of MVHS was amazing. The school offers so many oppritunities for the students and parents as well. I am envolved in the music program being in Band and Chorus. I have learned a lot from both insturctors. Especially with Marching Band, I have matured from all the dedicatioin I have given. In acedemics, all the teachers are the best. They help in any way that you need. It is just a great enviroment at Mountain View. GO WILDCATS!

Posted July 10, 2008
Mountain Vie is a wonderful school. I am a senior there and I love it. The teachers really care and do practically anything to help the students succeed. Their block schedule helps many students graduate early and their ap classes help us be more preparedd for college and the real world. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Mountain View Wildcats rule!!

Posted April 27, 2008
I was part of the first graduating class at Mountain View and I couldn't have enjoyed or benefited from it more. I was re-districted from Colonial Forge and I didn't realize how unhappy I was until I arrived at Mountain View. The staff is very involved and very caring; it's easy to build relationships. There are many ways to get involved and there is a generally feeling of community. The administration garners so much respect from the students that strict regulations aren't necessary. At Forge, there were so many rules, most of them seemingly pointless. Perhaps some students need rules, but Mountain View gives enough freedom that reasonably mature students excel and others are encouraged to mature. I learned so much, both academically and socially.

Posted August 14, 2007
I am a student at Mountain view high School, I too was transfered from North Stafford after my freshman year. I have thouroully enjoyed the past two years at Mountain View and can't wait to start my senior year. In response to the parent who stated ' I believe that Mountain View needs to improve its expectations of the students with stronger discipline and academic demands.' I would like to say that Mountain view offers both the IB and AP programs, I find these classes are very challenging and I as well as others are quite impressed with progress Mountain View has made in these areas seeing as we are a new school. all in all MV is a great place to be!

Posted June 19, 2007
This is a great school. Even though it has also been around for a few years it has made great academic progress, including advancement in extracurricular activities.

Mountain View High School
2135 Mountain View Road, Stafford, VA  22556
Last modified Mountain View High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top