Staunton, VA

Bessie Weller Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2013
well its a good school and its cool my boy likes it they teach him manors and stuff but he said they

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted July 11, 2007

Bessie Weller Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2007
My child started 1st grade in this school mid-year. I found that coming from the previous school, She was ahead of the students in Bessie Weller. Her reading level was lowered (1st grade level), her math was mediocre and the words they were learning were basic and she was not learning any foreign languages as she did before. She speaks more of recess time than of her actual learning time. Her homework was no more than reading a book. I haven't found any productive extracurricular activities for her and now have to provide additional homework to compensate for what she may be missing. Not sure if the reason why she wasn't learning more was because it was middle of the year or if the teachers just don't push advanced learning. The school personnel are wonderful but the education lacks.

Bessie Weller Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2007
My son started going to Bessie Weller this year after we moved from stuarts draft. I can say the principle is very compassionate about his job. He loves the children there and interacts with them beyond his position. I however am not very pleased with my sons teacher. She seems to be too rushed to sit and listen to parents.

Posted July 18, 2005
Being the parent of a special needs child who is strong willed, determined and difficult at times it is my pleasure to state what a terric experience we have shared with the special needs teachers. They have been very supportive, caring and devoted to teaching our child. We were anxious when he first attended last year, but he learned much more than we anticipated and he loved school and his teachers. My hat is off to a wonderful school with devoted and loving teachers that care. What a difference they make in our childrens lives.

Bessie Weller Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2005
we have a child that receives special services at the school and it seems like the teacher doesn't know when someone is taking my son out of the class for these. he hasn't gone there long and we have had problems i think the teacher should know when their students are going to the special class and when you ask to talk to the principal you should be able to, and not get the answer of he is not available. well then when is he?

Posted February 09, 2005
- a former student

Bessie Weller Elementary School 0

Posted July 14, 2004
My son is in second grade there and has gotten nothing but the best education. I can't believe how fast he was taught to read and write! He has been taught how to be very polite. I love this school and they are very concerned about the well being of the children. Thanks, Happy Parent

Bessie Weller Elementary School 1

Posted October 22, 2003
You would think that the purpose of a school is to promote learning, all aspects of learning even if that means learning from the mistakes that are made. We have discovered that Bessie Weller's method of dealing with mistakes is busy work meant to punish it's students for the mistakes instead of teaching them alternate ways of handling/dealing with aggressive feelings. Is that the type of school you really want your child attending.

Bessie Weller Elementary School
600 Greenville Ave, Staunton, VA  24401
Last modified Bessie Weller Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bessie Weller Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top