PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am so thankful to say that my own children attended SVCA, and now my grandchildren are enrolled! Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy has been a great blessing to our entire family for many years. The new administration has helped to improve the quality of education even more.

SVCA is known in the community for thirty-nine years of excellence in education, extracurricular activities, and athletics. Go Patriots!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our students consistently score high in national standardized tests and are accepted into some of the best colleges in the country.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Bible-based character development is a high priority at SVCA. It begins with teachers and staff who pray for the students and point them to a relationship with Jesus Christ.

This school is full of cliques, students and staff alike. I find it funny how the only 2 good comments on here were posted within one day of each other, and one of them is posted twice. The church and the school both are unfortunately quite a mess. Between both of my children we have 7 years invested. I was very happy to be able to walk away from such a toxic environment. So much is hidden here, you will never know the whole truth.

While there is no such thing as a 'perfect' school, I cannot imagine sending my son anyplace other than SVCA. My son is going into the 7th grade and started here in Kindergarten. The school not only excels at building up students academically but spiritually and personally as well. Parent involvement could be better but the teachers, staff and administration are all top notch.

We have found SVCA to be a strong Biblically based school. The school strives to have a positive influence on our world by developing students whose actions authentically reveal the character of Christ by partnering with families to spiritually, academically, physically, and socially educate their children in a program of intentional excellence. (Luke 2:52) The school has wonderful qualified teachers who teach because it is their passion. The students are caring and supportive to one another and a joy to be around. We have two children in this school and they have flourished and grown both spiritually and academically while being there. We love that they are being taught in a safe, loving environment and that the Christian values we teach at home are also being reinforced in the school. The teachers always give the students the attention they need and the students love them for it. It s an atmosphere of respect and encouragement. SVCA is a school with a family-like environment that I would strongly recommend.

We are going into our 5th year at SVCA and love it! The teachers and staff are dedicated in providing quality academic instruction based on biblical principles. He comes home excited to tell me about his day. He feels welcome and loved which has made a huge impact on his self-esteem. He is confident in his connection to his teachers, peers and best of all his dependence on God. Over the past year, SVCA has made significant progress in bettering the facility, its programs, and financial stability, while keeping God at the forefront of each decision. Improvements to safety and technology and hiring qualified teachers are just a few items addressed. SVCA is adding a Remedial Studies Program in the 2014-2015 school year to help students with special needs.

My son is currently enrolled here. I would say that it's an "okay" school. The teachers and staff are all very friendly, however, I would not say that they are great teachers. If most of your Math class students have C's, D's and F's, obviously the problem is the teacher or teaching method, and it needs to be fixed. Communication is another HUGE issue at this school. Unless you are in constant communication with the teachers, (and even then, don't expect them to respond) you will have no idea what your child's grade is until the midterm, and sometimes that's too late. They definitely need to join PowerSchool or some other online grade reporting. Also, as someone else said about the dress code-- definitely enforced for some and not others. The same is true with most discipline issues... Some will get in trouble while others get away with everything. I also want to say that we have emailed the Principal on several occasions and have not once, ever, received a reply.

Last modified Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12