Stephens City, VA

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy 1

Posted September 08, 2014
This school is full of cliques, students and staff alike. I find it funny how the only 2 good comments on here were posted within one day of each other, and one of them is posted twice. The church and the school both are unfortunately quite a mess. Between both of my children we have 7 years invested. I was very happy to be able to walk away from such a toxic environment. So much is hidden here, you will never know the whole truth.

Posted July 15, 2014
While there is no such thing as a 'perfect' school, I cannot imagine sending my son anyplace other than SVCA. My son is going into the 7th grade and started here in Kindergarten. The school not only excels at building up students academically but spiritually and personally as well. Parent involvement could be better but the teachers, staff and administration are all top notch.

Posted July 14, 2014
We have found SVCA to be a strong Biblically based school. The school strives to have a positive influence on our world by developing students whose actions authentically reveal the character of Christ by partnering with families to spiritually, academically, physically, and socially educate their children in a program of intentional excellence. (Luke 2:52) The school has wonderful qualified teachers who teach because it is their passion. The students are caring and supportive to one another and a joy to be around. We have two children in this school and they have flourished and grown both spiritually and academically while being there. We love that they are being taught in a safe, loving environment and that the Christian values we teach at home are also being reinforced in the school. The teachers always give the students the attention they need and the students love them for it. It s an atmosphere of respect and encouragement. SVCA is a school with a family-like environment that I would strongly recommend.

Posted July 14, 2014

Posted July 11, 2014
We are going into our 5th year at SVCA and love it! The teachers and staff are dedicated in providing quality academic instruction based on biblical principles. He comes home excited to tell me about his day. He feels welcome and loved which has made a huge impact on his self-esteem. He is confident in his connection to his teachers, peers and best of all his dependence on God. Over the past year, SVCA has made significant progress in bettering the facility, its programs, and financial stability, while keeping God at the forefront of each decision. Improvements to safety and technology and hiring qualified teachers are just a few items addressed. SVCA is adding a Remedial Studies Program in the 2014-2015 school year to help students with special needs.

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy 2

Posted June 25, 2013
My son is currently enrolled here. I would say that it's an "okay" school. The teachers and staff are all very friendly, however, I would not say that they are great teachers. If most of your Math class students have C's, D's and F's, obviously the problem is the teacher or teaching method, and it needs to be fixed. Communication is another HUGE issue at this school. Unless you are in constant communication with the teachers, (and even then, don't expect them to respond) you will have no idea what your child's grade is until the midterm, and sometimes that's too late. They definitely need to join PowerSchool or some other online grade reporting. Also, as someone else said about the dress code-- definitely enforced for some and not others. The same is true with most discipline issues... Some will get in trouble while others get away with everything. I also want to say that we have emailed the Principal on several occasions and have not once, ever, received a reply.

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy 1

Posted April 22, 2011
I went here for one year and was sick of it halfway through. The staff are the biggest hippocrates I have ever met. I have gone to 3 different private schools, and they were by far the worst, and this was the only Christian one I had gone to! Some teachers were great, and knew what they were talking about, others might as well have just sat there and let the students teach themselves. ALL of them had favorites. An example was a less popular student (not on a sports team of course) had a skirt WITH leggings underneath that was right above the knee cap got in trouble, yet when another, very popular girl, wore a dress that hardly came to the mid thigh, nothing was said. If they are going to have dress code rules in place then they need to be enforced equally. The kids could bully others in the classroom right in front of the teachers, and nothing would be said. The teachers had absolutely no control of the classroom and the students walked all over them. Texting, randomly walking around the classroom. The talking was the worst though, full out conversations would be going on, across the room, and nothing would be done to handle it. No wonder we didn't get through the curriculum.

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy 0

Posted November 28, 2008
SVCA is an outstanding school. My son was trained both academically and reinforced in moral absolutes in an exemplary manner. He was congressionally nominated and received appointments to three United States Military Academies (with an acceptance rate of between 12% and 17%) He choose the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, CO. I attribute much of his moral character, academic achievements and social abilities to 12 years at SVCA. His SAT and ACT scores were in the 99th and 98th percentile nationally. SVCA is amongst the elite high schools in the nation based on the desire, dedication and moral underpinnings of its faculty.

Posted October 30, 2008
I love Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy! I can never imagine going to any other high school. The teachers, staff, and other students are amazing!

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy 3

Posted November 22, 2004
- a former student
As a former student at SVCA. I know what exactly goes on in the school. There are so many teachers there that play favorites. The staff kids get whatever they want, and the rest of us, sit back and get in trouble for what they do. Now that I'm in college, I really feel like I didn't learn anything, I am having to relearn things that I should already know, but was taught wrong. I hope that the new administration there, will be able to help the school out alot! They need it. The teachers need to realize that not everyone is prefect! They need to watch what they say around the students. They are there to be our role models.

Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy
Po Box 1360, Stephens City, VA  22655
Last modified Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Shenandoah Valley Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top