Posted May 28, 2012
We have been pleasantly surprised by Sugarland. The principal is amazing. My kid's teacher runs an organized, efficient classroom. Bullying is absolutely not allowed at this school. Sugarland creates a tolerant environment where the kids treat each other respectfully. I have heard the complaint that more time is spent on children that are learning English so other kids are ignored. I have had lunch with my kid s class; nearly all the kids speak English well. Children are all in competition for the teacher s attention because of the class size. That is going to be a problem regardless of the school. Sugarland does have more kids that are poor and start school unprepared. However, they are teaching the exact same thing in the classroom as the other schools. Loudoun has a set curriculum. My husband and I are both well educated with advanced degrees. I am sure that our kids will have top test scores, go to college and do well. As a member of this community, I also hope that the other children will do well. I am not raising a calculator, I am raising a person. I want my child to grow up to be kind and tolerant, as well as intelligent. Sugarland is working out very well for us.

Posted May 25, 2010
This is great school and aswom teachers who were working hard. Should practice SOL's more structured way to improve schoold score.

Sugarland Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2007
My daughter went there to be close to my sitter. She had a wonderful teacher. The staff was very caring. Field trips were great. We went to the Washington D.C. twice and once to the Washington National Zoo. Field day at the school was very creative. We had a great time! The multi-cultural night was a joy. One older lady at the office isn't very nice but the other is wonderful.

Posted July 25, 2007
We moved our son to Sugarland after two years of private school. Wow..what a wise decision. Sugarland's teachers and principal are amazing.

Sugarland Elementary School 4

Posted March 26, 2007
Sugarland may have a 'bad rep', but it is really a great school. Class sizes are small and the teachers really care. The new administration is great, and the new addition is coming along nicely. The PTO does a great job making fun events for families. It's a shame more parents aren't involved with the PTO. It could have even more programs for the community. I am glad that my kids are going to a diversely populated school. That is the way of the real world and by exposing them to it early in life, I hope they will never know bigotry.

Posted January 11, 2006
The teachers and staff at Sugarland truly care about the students. Students are given extra help and assistance if needed and are challenged as needed. My child is treated as an individual learner and is receiving a wonderful education! I love this school and wish that I had gone there as a child!

Sugarland Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2005
I do not recommend this school. Spanish appears to be the primary language for most students. Since teachers must concentrate on teaching English as a second language, native English speakers are not given the attention or quality that they deserve. If you live here and can afford to, enroll your child in a private school.

Sugarland Elementary School 4

Posted October 26, 2005

Sugarland Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2004
Some students learning English in first and second great. You call it 'great school', I say 'it is sad'.

Posted January 11, 2004
- a former student
It was a great school for me when I went there. I wish that I could go back but I know that I can't. The teachers there are great with kids and always were. They always try to help the kids if they have problems if they can and if they can't they try to find someone who can. At least that's what I think about that school.

Sugarland Elementary School
65 Sugarland Run Dr, Sterling, VA  20164
Last modified Sugarland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sugarland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top