Bad
Good

This school has really fallen apart in the last few years. Failing SOL scores and a serious lack of communication from the school has made the climate at SE with a lot to be desired.

We have been pleasantly surprised by Sugarland. The principal is amazing. My kid's teacher runs an organized, efficient classroom. Bullying is absolutely not allowed at this school. Sugarland creates a tolerant environment where the kids treat each other respectfully. I have heard the complaint that more time is spent on children that are learning English so other kids are ignored. I have had lunch with my kid s class; nearly all the kids speak English well. Children are all in competition for the teacher s attention because of the class size. That is going to be a problem regardless of the school. Sugarland does have more kids that are poor and start school unprepared. However, they are teaching the exact same thing in the classroom as the other schools. Loudoun has a set curriculum. My husband and I are both well educated with advanced degrees. I am sure that our kids will have top test scores, go to college and do well. As a member of this community, I also hope that the other children will do well. I am not raising a calculator, I am raising a person. I want my child to grow up to be kind and tolerant, as well as intelligent. Sugarland is working out very well for us.

This is great school and aswom teachers who were working hard. Should practice SOL's more structured way to improve schoold score.

My daughter went there to be close to my sitter. She had a wonderful teacher. The staff was very caring. Field trips were great. We went to the Washington D.C. twice and once to the Washington National Zoo. Field day at the school was very creative. We had a great time! The multi-cultural night was a joy. One older lady at the office isn't very nice but the other is wonderful.

We moved our son to Sugarland after two years of private school. Wow..what a wise decision. Sugarland's teachers and principal are amazing.

Sugarland may have a 'bad rep', but it is really a great school. Class sizes are small and the teachers really care. The new administration is great, and the new addition is coming along nicely. The PTO does a great job making fun events for families. It's a shame more parents aren't involved with the PTO. It could have even more programs for the community. I am glad that my kids are going to a diversely populated school. That is the way of the real world and by exposing them to it early in life, I hope they will never know bigotry.

Last modified Sugarland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.