Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Every teacher my child had was very dedicated and communicated well with parents. The teachers and staff create a positive environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There are quality teachers at Potowmack. The staff is dedicated to the students' success. Teachers work in grade level teams and share resources to enhance learning opportunities within the curriculum.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are treated as unique individuals. Some students have specific needs that may require special attention or a different approach to promote success.

My child began attending Potowmack Elementary in the 3rd grade. I choose Potowmack Elementary because of the positive comments I had heard about the school. I have been impressed with the teacher's thus far receptiveness and commitment to ensure my child is challenged. The PTA is active and supports the school whole heartily. The principal is dedicated. Most mornings and afternoons she is assisting the safety of children at the crosswalk entrance directly in front the school. I feel that Potowmack Elementary is a good example of a school that has embraced diversity and promotes a great learning environment for all children to include my own.

I am so thankful for this school for my child. The teachers and administration really care, and the community of kids and parents is truly wonderful. My child is thriving and feels safe. Being the daughter of an elementary school teacher myself, I had some insights into figuring out what to look for. I was a little apprehensive in the fall as this is not my child's home school, but all worries dissolved in the first few weeks. Thank you Potowmack!

This school is not working out for my child at all. Hope they make some changes

Great school with caring teachers and friendly families. My oldest started kindergarten here last year and has learned so much. The teachers keep the parents involved, and the parents also talk to each other (and we just moved into the area in time for school so we knew no one ahead of time). It is a surprisingly collaborative community I fear we will not easily find again if/when we leave the area.

Potowmack Elementary is a wonderful school with great leadership and a caring staff genuinely invested in providing a quality education. My son loves the school staff and activities there. They really focus on incentives, not only for academic achievement, but emphasizing character. The PTA has strong parental involvement and treats the staff very well to show our appreciation.

One amazing school with caring and fabulous teachers and parents. We feel so fortunate our child is receiving such a great public education.

I have three children currently attending this school and my husband and I say that we lucked out getting to send our kids here. Our kids are not white and I have only volunteered a couple of times in 3 years. And my kids are graded fairly and all of their teachers and the other administrators at their school have gone out of their way for them. My kids have been noticed for doing good deeds and have received awards. This is a great school. My mom is a retired school teacher of another state and she came to visit my kids for lunch and was so impressed with the students, the projects in the hallway and my kids knowledge not just of math and reading and history, but of art and music. And I have noticed that my kids and other kids at this school miss school when they are not there.

Last modified Potowmack Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.