Seneca Ridge Middle School 5

Posted November 21, 2014
This is my first year here at Seneca Ridge and I really enjoy it! My grades are improving and I'm learning a lot. The teachers and counselors are very nice to everyone. There aren't a lot of windows in the building though. I'd say this is a really good school.

Posted November 10, 2014
This is my first year at Seneca Ridge. All the teachers and staff are nice, but students are extremely rude in the hallways, which shows there is an obvious lack of discipline. Imagine walking to your locker and some girl just walks right through you like you were a ghost. I m also surprised by the number of students who can t speak English. This is not a bad school, I just wish the students were more friendly.

Posted September 20, 2014
I am a second year student now, and I loved last year. All the teachers are nice, fair, and helpful. Especially since most of the teachers offer after school help. All the honors teachers push you hard, but it's for the best and it helps you for the next year. Although this school IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF WINDOWS!!!! If you ask your child to describe the school's appearance in one word, there's a chance they will say prison our maybe jail. I haven't met a student who has disagreed with that term. The only windows I know of are in the cafeteria and art rooms, not counting those tiny windows in the doors of the d hall. Lockers vary. The d hall lockers, though small, are personally better than the house lockers. This year, I've been hit in the head with my locker neighbor's locker door, and I accidentally dropped a shoe on her head, where as last year, although the d hall lockers were very skinny, I never had those problems. Plus since the house lockers are always crowded, you have to hold onto lockers so you don't trip on feet. Although the academics and friendly environment of this school is great. Besides the lockers and lack of windows, this would be a great school for anyone.

Posted April 28, 2014
Is our 3rd year in SRMS My son is happy there, We have been lucky with All the teachers my son got. Bulling are issue once a while The deans & consulates are awesome. Front office secretaries are nice & helpful. We are excited for 9th grade.

Seneca Ridge Middle School 5

Posted February 22, 2014
My son is a 6th grader at SRMS and we know many other families who have been through Lowes Island Elem, SRMS and Dominion. This is a great school system from K - 12. Children are prepared and have an excellent track record for college admission. My son is taking accelerated Math 6/7this year and will already be taking high school credit math next year! All of his other honors classes he has excelled, including subjects that weren't his favorite. Great teachers who push students, but are also nurturing. What has most impressed me are the skills and resources provided to students to build great organization/planning to take ownership of schoolwork while providing parents (via Clarity website) the ability to monitor, without interfering. In addition, they assign a counselor to each grade that is with them through the duration of SRMS. Ms. Diamond (former SRMS grad herself) is AMAZING! Any concerns parents or students have, she immediately addresses them with thoughtful and swift action. The school, teachers and PTO have been excellent in communicating with parents. We have thoroughly enjoyed our year at SRMS!

Posted September 01, 2013
For the person complaining about the lunch lady 1. has nothing to do with the education of the school.2. that is her job Loudoun county (as all the surrounding counties) require that a well rounded meal be served daily. If your child doesn't want the milk tell her to take it and put it to the side many schools give it to students who would like more or some donate to the LINK food bank. Students are required to have a certain amount of items on the tray, milk, entree, fruit and vegetable if you don't like it then you should send your child a bagged lunch. Don't have a rating for the school as my child isn't there yet.

Posted June 23, 2013
This school is fabulous! My children are currently attending this school and so far, they think it's pretty well firmed. The issue is the environment, the influence and students there are poor. Sometimes, I see children cursing and fighting. My children simply ignore them so it's not a big deal though. Anyways, thanks for reading!

Posted May 28, 2013
You try to be a good kid @ this school but the kind of kids that go to this school give a bad influence on other people turning other kids "corrupt". The lunch staff @ the cafe force a child to get one of the sides or particularly one of the lunch ladies force you to get milk so ifs or buts. At this school i see bullying as a pretty big issue one kid will give the other kid a hard time for whatever reason but the kid who is getting picked on will fight back and lots of kids cuss a lot which makes it a bad environment. But most of the staff is good and should keep on going on about what they are doing. I openly admit that before 6th grade saying was a bad word was like a sin now due to my influence i have cussed quite a bit due to peer pressure. This is not entirely their fault but now i'm trying to stop myself i hope the srms staff reads this.

Posted June 08, 2012
Seneca Ridge has an awesome band progam run by two incredible band teachers! Too bad one is leaving to teach in Fairfax County :(. They made such a great team! I think they have good teachers for all the subjects, especially in the honors program. However, I am not at all happy with the languages - specifically French and Spanish. My son took French in 7th grade, but unfortunately was turned off by the teaching style - straight from the book. The teacher didn't incorporate technology into her teaching at all. Also, she didn't have any control over her classroom. And unfortunately, the well-behaved kids are left to suffer. In 8th grade he took spanish by a teacher who could barely speak english, so there was a language barrier to work thru, and again, she also had no control over her classroom! The science and civics teachers are excellent (at least the one's my son had). He is excited to go to high school at Dominion!

Posted February 06, 2012
English teachers should not be allowed to eat during the entirety of the class room instruction time day after day. Also, the carpool pick up line is very inconvenient: 30-40 cars wait for 15-30 minutes to get out of the parking lot. On the positive side, this year they have actually decided that giving students homework and phasing out study guides will prepare them better for High School.

Seneca Ridge Middle School
98 Seneca Ridge Dr, Sterling, VA  20164
Last modified Seneca Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seneca Ridge Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top