Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 01, 2016
Seneca is a wonderful school. Most teachers are very good and sincere. Overall very good.

Seneca Ridge Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 15, 2016
A few teacher like Mr. Pack and Ms. Boehl are great. They encourage learning in a fun evironment.

Seneca Ridge Middle School 1

Posted February 29, 2016
Seneca is beyond awful. The teachers can't teach to save their lives and pretty much everyone in the school is recommended for Honors, even though a large number of them fail classes on a regular basis. The principal, Mark Mcdermott, turns a blind eye to every problem in the school and refuses to admit that how he's running the school isn't working. In fact, he comes out of his office about once a month, and that's just to call the teachers in from a fire drill. The school itself is a dump. Last year we lost three ceiling tiles in the eighth grade hall in a matter of months, and nothing was done to replace them. Instead, industrial trashcans from the cafeteria were placed under where the tiles were to collect leakage from the air vents. Problem solving at its finest. There are no windows in the school, and the hallways are about three feet wide, now that they have installed overflow lockers in every hallway. Forgot to mention: Another thing that the staff refuse to admit is that the school is overpopulated by about 100 students, instead opting to pretend that the hallways don't look like a WWE Cage Match after each class ends. If you are moving to this area, save your son or daughter while you still can and find a job somewhere else. Or go to River Bend. Either one. I have to admit that it boggles my mind how this school has a 4/5 community rating on this site. I would like to hear an explanation from these "Satisfied parents" other than "This school is fabulous" Thank you.

Posted November 21, 2014
This is my first year here at Seneca Ridge and I really enjoy it! My grades are improving and I'm learning a lot. The teachers and counselors are very nice to everyone. There aren't a lot of windows in the building though. I'd say this is a really good school.

Posted November 10, 2014
I think that the teachers and other staff are very nice people at Seneca Ridge, but there is a lack of discipline, such as a lot of rude people in the hallways who just walk right in to you like you're a ghost to get to class. I also find it strange that some students cannot speak English at this school. It is a nice school I just wish students were more friendly here.

Posted November 10, 2014
This is my first year at Seneca Ridge. All the teachers and staff are nice, but students are extremely rude in the hallways, which shows there is an obvious lack of discipline. Imagine walking to your locker and some girl just walks right through you like you were a ghost. I m also surprised by the number of students who can t speak English. This is not a bad school, I just wish the students were more friendly.

Seneca Ridge Middle School 4

Posted September 20, 2014
I am a second year student now, and I loved last year. All the teachers are nice, fair, and helpful. Especially since most of the teachers offer after school help. All the honors teachers push you hard, but it's for the best and it helps you for the next year. Although this school IS IN DESPERATE NEED OF WINDOWS!!!! If you ask your child to describe the school's appearance in one word, there's a chance they will say prison our maybe jail. I haven't met a student who has disagreed with that term. The only windows I know of are in the cafeteria and art rooms, not counting those tiny windows in the doors of the d hall. Lockers vary. The d hall lockers, though small, are personally better than the house lockers. This year, I've been hit in the head with my locker neighbor's locker door, and I accidentally dropped a shoe on her head, where as last year, although the d hall lockers were very skinny, I never had those problems. Plus since the house lockers are always crowded, you have to hold onto lockers so you don't trip on feet. Although the academics and friendly environment of this school is great. Besides the lockers and lack of windows, this would be a great school for anyone.

Seneca Ridge Middle School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Is our 3rd year in SRMS My son is happy there, We have been lucky with All the teachers my son got. Bulling are issue once a while The deans & consulates are awesome. Front office secretaries are nice & helpful. We are excited for 9th grade.

Posted February 22, 2014
My son is a 6th grader at SRMS and we know many other families who have been through Lowes Island Elem, SRMS and Dominion. This is a great school system from K - 12. Children are prepared and have an excellent track record for college admission. My son is taking accelerated Math 6/7this year and will already be taking high school credit math next year! All of his other honors classes he has excelled, including subjects that weren't his favorite. Great teachers who push students, but are also nurturing. What has most impressed me are the skills and resources provided to students to build great organization/planning to take ownership of schoolwork while providing parents (via Clarity website) the ability to monitor, without interfering. In addition, they assign a counselor to each grade that is with them through the duration of SRMS. Ms. Diamond (former SRMS grad herself) is AMAZING! Any concerns parents or students have, she immediately addresses them with thoughtful and swift action. The school, teachers and PTO have been excellent in communicating with parents. We have thoroughly enjoyed our year at SRMS!

Posted September 01, 2013
For the person complaining about the lunch lady 1. has nothing to do with the education of the school.2. that is her job Loudoun county (as all the surrounding counties) require that a well rounded meal be served daily. If your child doesn't want the milk tell her to take it and put it to the side many schools give it to students who would like more or some donate to the LINK food bank. Students are required to have a certain amount of items on the tray, milk, entree, fruit and vegetable if you don't like it then you should send your child a bagged lunch. Don't have a rating for the school as my child isn't there yet.

Seneca Ridge Middle School
98 Seneca Ridge Dr, Sterling, VA  20164
Last modified Seneca Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.