Posted February 17, 2014
My son has attended Sterling Middle for two years now. He is taking Latin and Algebra as a 7th grader and has excelled. The teachers are engaging and really make the school as good any any in Loudoun County, which is one of the best school systems in the country.

Posted February 05, 2014
The Sterling Middle School pyramid is not a place to educate children. The immigrant population here severely reduces quality teaching. And the attitude for learning from this counter culture is very negative. We want out, but we are having a hard time selling our house because of the schools. So the poor schools are dragging down the value of our house as well (not to mention the bad management of our Spring Grove Farm HOA). We are so happy to be leaving this community to a more family friendly environment. If your thinking of moving in, think again.

Sterling Middle School 4

Posted March 09, 2012
Sterling Middle is a fabulous school. I have had 2 children go through this school. They both did very well. The principal really cares about the community, the students and the staff. There is a welcoming feeling every time the door opens. The front office staff are friendly and helpful. SMS was awarded the SCHOOL TO WATCH AWARD ..only 300 middle schools in the country get awarded this award. All the testing scores have gone up over the last 3 years. Standards have been met . There are not any gangs in this school either. Great School!

Sterling Middle School 4

Posted July 14, 2011
My son has attended Sterling Middle for the past year (7th grade) and he loves it. I really would like to move closer to work, but he won't let me if it means switching schools. I also like the school; when I moved to Sterling I felt like the teachers were very interested in my son's progress, however I don't really feel like they maintained that momentum through out the school year. I believe my son was bored in the classes and the teachers, knowing this, didn't do much to challenge him. He will be in AP classes next year, so I do hope that would change. Parents' involvement is high and teachers are pleasant.

Sterling Middle School 0

Posted May 24, 2009
To be honest nobody know what really does on at this school. No body care and either do the the drugged up students. harts the plain simple truth.

Posted October 18, 2008

Posted August 26, 2008
Teachers are very dedicated to the success of the students. Many afterschool activities are offered from sports programs, musical groups, STEP team, Latin Dance Club, homework club and tutoring opportunities. Great diversity!

Posted March 04, 2008

Posted October 26, 2007

Posted August 30, 2007

Sterling Middle School
201 W Holly Ave, Sterling, VA  20164
Last modified Sterling Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sterling Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.