Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My kids have attended the 3 local cluster middle schools -- River Bend, Seneca Ridge & Sterling Middle. This one is actually the best, then Seneca then River Bend an absolute last. I hear bad things about Sterling Middle, but not true The kids are respectful, humble, and anxious to learn. The teachers care. The principal is great.

Great school and leaders - including the principal and teachers. My kids love going here - and doing very well!

Amount of homework: Disagree

he sits at his desk crying and he doesn't get any time for anything he gets to much home worck

Grate school i love love love love love this grate school omg best teacher's and good roller That help kids and

My son has attended Sterling Middle for two years now. He is taking Latin and Algebra as a 7th grader and has excelled. The teachers are engaging and really make the school as good any any in Loudoun County, which is one of the best school systems in the country.

The Sterling Middle School pyramid is not a place to educate children. The immigrant population here severely reduces quality teaching. And the attitude for learning from this counter culture is very negative. We want out, but we are having a hard time selling our house because of the schools. So the poor schools are dragging down the value of our house as well (not to mention the bad management of our Spring Grove Farm HOA). We are so happy to be leaving this community to a more family friendly environment. If your thinking of moving in, think again.

Sterling Middle is a fabulous school. I have had 2 children go through this school. They both did very well. The principal really cares about the community, the students and the staff. There is a welcoming feeling every time the door opens. The front office staff are friendly and helpful. SMS was awarded the SCHOOL TO WATCH AWARD ..only 300 middle schools in the country get awarded this award. All the testing scores have gone up over the last 3 years. Standards have been met . There are not any gangs in this school either. Great School!

My son has attended Sterling Middle for the past year (7th grade) and he loves it. I really would like to move closer to work, but he won't let me if it means switching schools. I also like the school; when I moved to Sterling I felt like the teachers were very interested in my son's progress, however I don't really feel like they maintained that momentum through out the school year. I believe my son was bored in the classes and the teachers, knowing this, didn't do much to challenge him. He will be in AP classes next year, so I do hope that would change. Parents' involvement is high and teachers are pleasant.

To be honest nobody know what really does on at this school. No body care and either do the the drugged up students. harts the plain simple truth.

Teachers are very dedicated to the success of the students. Many afterschool activities are offered from sports programs, musical groups, STEP team, Latin Dance Club, homework club and tutoring opportunities. Great diversity!

Last modified Sterling Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.