Elephant's Fork Elementary School 3

Posted October 10, 2013
The staff and faculty of the school are great. Parent involvement is lacking, but it may be due to the blend of neighborhoods the children come from.

Posted March 13, 2013
My oldest child has been in this school since Kindergarten. My youngest since Pre-K. Now in 3rd grade and 1st grade. I am having issues with my children getting bullied and assaulted by other students. I wasn't even called when these events happened. I found out when picking my children up. My youngest has been slammed against a cement wall by a student who was a grade above. My oldest was punched by a child from another class but same grade. My son was punched and pushed into a trash can and onto the floor by another student. I was told nothing could be done because we didn't have a child's name or the teacher he told name. So I had to go over the principle's head. Now my son doesn't feel safe in this school and it doesn't seem like anyone cares or not if he is safe. I hear teachers always complaining about children.Well if you can't stand them and don't know how to deal with them, then find another career.My children's drinks and snacks get stolen. I've said something to the teachers, principle, assistant principle.Nothing was done.Oh and another encounter I had was. Someone was using my youngest child's number for breakfast and lunch. They don't check the name with the number.

Posted March 04, 2013
I agree with other comments....principle is wonderful....school is clean and friendly. Parents seemed very involved. Happy with this school so far.

Posted March 02, 2013
Very pleased with EFE this year! My child loves school and the teachers. She looks foward to library, art and music but her favorite has been P.E. We have enjoyed coming to her honor roll award ceremonies and participating in all the class room events. These days, it's hard for any public school to really get the funding necessary to do everything the staff and teachers want to do for our kids. I am happy to say this school really makes the effort.

Posted February 27, 2013
AWESOME PRINCIPLE! Makes a world of difference! Friendly staff. They know me and my child by name. My child looks forward to school days now. This school is on the up and up.

Posted February 12, 2013
After buying a house and moving to Suffolk, everything seemed great, until school started and I had to take my son out of the bus because he was bullied every day. The Bus driver, did not care, school staff did not do anything. Last week while having lunch with my son I just could not believe the way kids are being treated. They are being yelled at lunch time just because they talk. It felt like being in prison. Just because most of the students are from downtown Suffolk, and because the parents might not care, does not mean kids from good neighborhoods have to be treated like this.

Posted May 27, 2012
This school is failing and the staff is only half the reson. The kids are from down town suffolk and don't have parents that care.The staff has been taught that yelling and punishment is the best way to get the studnets to respond. The VP and other admin staff is just below average. Vilonce starts in pre-k and they have zero accomidations for gifted children. They folded in Mount Zion into this school in order to save the test scores and get it off the failing school list. Unfortunately the teachers cannot teach both inter-city at risk kids and highly performing kids in the same class. If you have an above average kid, this school is not for you.

Posted April 29, 2012
My child is always having her stuff stolen out of her desk, even the teacher has to lock her stuff up!

Elephant's Fork Elementary School 4

Posted August 08, 2010
This is a great school with wonderful staff! My daughter has been here for two years and is going into the third grade, she knows all of the office staff, the principal and most of the teachers. This is a "community" school where everyone is involved in making sure the students succeed! They have plenty of extra activity's that the students can participate in, talent shows, movie nights and my daughter comes home from school every day with fresh fruit for an after-school snack! I love it!

Elephant's Fork Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2009
This is an outstanding school! Many of the reviews below are old and represent a different principal than the one we have now. My daughter has been at the school for 4 years and my son is in the middle of his first. Mrs. Gatling who is the new principal that took over last year is fantastic. The morale of the staff and administration is so uplifting. When you walk in you feel welcomed and everyone is glade to be there. I highly recommend this school and commend Mrs. Gatling for turning around a sinking ship and bringing it back to life.

Elephant's Fork Elementary School
2316 William Reid Dr, Suffolk, VA  23434
Last modified Elephant's Fork Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elephant's Fork Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top