Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school does not effectively deal with bullying. My child was being tormented for weeks and I was not contacted until the children actually got into a physical altercation. What bothered me the most is that I was not contacted until hours after the event happened. I felt like I should have been contacted immediately.

This school has gone downhill since Dr.Gatling left! All the caring teachers are gone or leaving. Seems they get new teachers every year now! We have teachers that don't even know what they should be doing! Not only the school but there is no parking. If we park where we aren't supposed to, we get a ticket. We have to fight to get into parking and with buses that the drivers could careless about you. They blow their horns at parents to move out of their way. They drive like no one else is on the road with them. They have came very close to hitting parents cars who are waiting to drop off their kids. Not only that but when parents go to leave, there are cars parked all along the road on the right hand side. Which if someone is pulling out can not go anywhere if a bus is coming. Instead of the bus stopping they keep coming expecting you to get out of their way. There have been complaints made and still no one has done anything to change this in the last few years! Buses aren't even supposed to be using the same road as the parents. But what has anyone done about this school? Nothing. Things will never change at this school. Only thing that seems to change are the employees!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

All the ones who were effective with these children have left this school and went to different schools

Amount of homework: Disagree

Honestly kids are in school all day long. Why is it necessary to have them leave from school and come home to do homework that will take them 2-3 hours to complete! And don't even get graded on it!

This school is poorly set up. There are no planners... no communication folders. no phones in the classrooms. And the teachers seem tired and overworked and never available. You want the kids to be organized but the teachers are not. I have problems with each teacher we have dealt with. Maybe with time and funding things could be better.

The staff and faculty of the school are great. Parent involvement is lacking, but it may be due to the blend of neighborhoods the children come from.

My oldest child has been in this school since Kindergarten. My youngest since Pre-K. Now in 3rd grade and 1st grade. I am having issues with my children getting bullied and assaulted by other students. I wasn't even called when these events happened. I found out when picking my children up. My youngest has been slammed against a cement wall by a student who was a grade above. My oldest was punched by a child from another class but same grade. My son was punched and pushed into a trash can and onto the floor by another student. I was told nothing could be done because we didn't have a child's name or the teacher he told name. So I had to go over the principle's head. Now my son doesn't feel safe in this school and it doesn't seem like anyone cares or not if he is safe. I hear teachers always complaining about children.Well if you can't stand them and don't know how to deal with them, then find another career.My children's drinks and snacks get stolen. I've said something to the teachers, principle, assistant principle.Nothing was done.Oh and another encounter I had was. Someone was using my youngest child's number for breakfast and lunch. They don't check the name with the number.

I agree with other comments....principle is wonderful....school is clean and friendly. Parents seemed very involved. Happy with this school so far.

Very pleased with EFE this year! My child loves school and the teachers. She looks foward to library, art and music but her favorite has been P.E. We have enjoyed coming to her honor roll award ceremonies and participating in all the class room events. These days, it's hard for any public school to really get the funding necessary to do everything the staff and teachers want to do for our kids. I am happy to say this school really makes the effort.

AWESOME PRINCIPLE! Makes a world of difference! Friendly staff. They know me and my child by name. My child looks forward to school days now. This school is on the up and up.

Last modified Elephant's Fork Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.