Suffolk, VA

Posted January 30, 2015
I have three children that have been at this school since 2005. I've seen first hand this school go through some administration changes but haven't experienced anything negative with my children and their teachers. My children have been involved in almost all extra curricular activities that are available at the school and have been happy children. Their state exam test scores have always passed above average. I am particularly fond of the new dynamic principles that have teamed up with positive changes in the school. Mr. LaFevre and Mrs.Pichot.

Mack Benn Junior Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2013
Mack Benn, horrible learning. The teachers are moving at a fast paced the kids aren't giving the opportunity to grasp it. Every student doesn't learn at the same pace. All I hear is we have a lesson plan to cover....forget the lesson plan make sure the kids understand what they are learning.What about the students. How can a teacher have a test but doesn't send study guides home

Posted March 27, 2013
This school is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! My children attend this school, and like most of these parents say the Admin is very RUDE!!!! The teachers don't take one on one with the students. My children will not go there next year.

Posted July 27, 2010
Horrible learning, supposedly this school was the best in Suffolk a few years back but since moving here last year we are looking at every way possible to move just to get them out of this school! Especially disappointed with office staff they are rude and the teachers are very disappointing and none of the students in first grade knew how to read my son was learning math and sentence structure from his last school if we stay here I am definitely worried about both of there educational futures.

Posted June 27, 2010
My child goes to this school, but so many issues to deal with them. I am so disappointed. I do not think this school is safe enough, and hope they would be more responsible and do their tasking more seriously.

Posted May 06, 2010
I have had so many issues with Mack Benn this year. Some of the teachers don't seem like they care. They don't seem to want to help the students. Communication is horrible.The majority of administration are rude. I had to pull my child out in the middle of the school year because they were unresponsive to my child's needs.

Mack Benn Junior Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2010
teachers don't take the one on one time needed for students. They have their outline and stick to it regardless if the child understands the information.

Posted September 01, 2009
I think this is a great school. The teachers that my daughter has had goes above and beyond to help my daughter succeed. Last year she was on the A honor roll all year long.

Posted May 18, 2009
The majority of Administration are rude. Nothing to say about this school other then I wish I would have bought my house some where else. It saddeneds me that I have chosen this area to live and my children are going to suffer from it through there education. Home school is definatley going to done next year.

Posted October 25, 2004
This is a great school! I have had children at this school for the past 6 years, and currently still do. All 3 of my kids enjoy being there. They love their teachers and the staff of Mack Benn Jr. Not only is the environment wonderful, but the education matches as well. Everyone at Mack Benn is proud of how much the school has grown and it's many successes!

1253 Nansemond Pkwy, Suffolk, VA  23434
Last modified Mack Benn Junior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mack Benn Junior Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top