Bad
Good

I have three children that have been at this school since 2005. I've seen first hand this school go through some administration changes but haven't experienced anything negative with my children and their teachers. My children have been involved in almost all extra curricular activities that are available at the school and have been happy children. Their state exam test scores have always passed above average. I am particularly fond of the new dynamic principles that have teamed up with positive changes in the school. Mr. LaFevre and Mrs.Pichot.

Mack Benn, horrible learning. The teachers are moving at a fast paced the kids aren't giving the opportunity to grasp it. Every student doesn't learn at the same pace. All I hear is we have a lesson plan to cover....forget the lesson plan make sure the kids understand what they are learning.What about the students. How can a teacher have a test but doesn't send study guides home

This school is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! My children attend this school, and like most of these parents say the Admin is very RUDE!!!! The teachers don't take one on one with the students. My children will not go there next year.

Horrible learning, supposedly this school was the best in Suffolk a few years back but since moving here last year we are looking at every way possible to move just to get them out of this school! Especially disappointed with office staff they are rude and the teachers are very disappointing and none of the students in first grade knew how to read my son was learning math and sentence structure from his last school if we stay here I am definitely worried about both of there educational futures.

My child goes to this school, but so many issues to deal with them. I am so disappointed. I do not think this school is safe enough, and hope they would be more responsible and do their tasking more seriously.

I have had so many issues with Mack Benn this year. Some of the teachers don't seem like they care. They don't seem to want to help the students. Communication is horrible.The majority of administration are rude. I had to pull my child out in the middle of the school year because they were unresponsive to my child's needs.

teachers don't take the one on one time needed for students. They have their outline and stick to it regardless if the child understands the information.

I think this is a great school. The teachers that my daughter has had goes above and beyond to help my daughter succeed. Last year she was on the A honor roll all year long.

The majority of Administration are rude. Nothing to say about this school other then I wish I would have bought my house some where else. It saddeneds me that I have chosen this area to live and my children are going to suffer from it through there education. Home school is definatley going to done next year.

Last modified Mack Benn Junior Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.