Suffolk, VA

Posted October 27, 2014
Nansemond-Suffolk Academy is truly dedicated to developing each student to be the best he or she can be. Through academics, athletics and arts, every single child has the ability to excel in their own individual way. Teachers care about the students and take the time to make sure each child is receiving the best education possible. From PreK-12 grade students are developed in a warm loving environment where they can feel free to explore new opportunities and be who they want to be. Each child has the opportunity to play a sport, participate in the school drama, try an elective course or volunteer for a club or organization - the possibilities are endless. I choose to send my child here because of the opportunities my child will be afforded in a safe, loving environment. We are proud to be NSA Saints!

Posted September 30, 2014
Honor above all is Nansemond-Suffolk Academy's motto and it is an ideal in which my family believes. The faculty and staff are committed to providing an excellent, well rounded college preparatory education for our children. My husband and I are proud our children are members of the Saints family and consider sending our children to NSA an extremely worthy investment.

Posted September 29, 2014
I have never felt more welcomed to a school in my entire life. Every single school has its flaws and it is always hard to remember when reading reviews that most everyone who is writing a review has had a poor experience. I hope my review helps those that are looking into private schools in the area. I truly believe that NSA is a top school with amazing teachers and strives everyday to bring in new educational experiences to their students. They partner with many outside vendors and colleges to broaden the scope of how child learn in todays society. The school allows the faculty to step outside of the box with how they teach. Where else can you go and use professional engineering software to create 3D models of fish in a science class, and then print it off on a 3D printer? NSA's middle schoolers can say they have. If you are looking for an intellectual and stimulating learning experience, look no further.

Posted September 29, 2014
I am an alumna of the school, and more recently, I am a new NSA parent. I was so pleased to come back to the place that had such a positive impact on my education and childhood to find that NSA is still such a community-oriented, education-centered, family. While this aspect has remained the same since my time at NSA, everything else has greatly changed! The campus has expanded to include a middle school building, there are extra practice fields on the back 40 acres of the campus, and a new media center, just to name a few. In addition, students are doing great things in the classrooms - 3D printing/program design in the middle school, one-on-one iPad work in the Pre-K, and even an economics class in the Upper School, whose year end project centers around the popular "Shark Tank" show. I had a chance to sit in on this class and was amazed at what the students could invent as well as support with real life analysis techniques used in the business world. It's amazing to see what students can do who are charged by their teachers to strive for excellence! I'm so glad to have my children here and can't wait to see what NSA offers in the future!!

Posted September 29, 2014
Nansemond Suffolk Academy is one of the best Independent schools in the area. They have a mission statement that reads, "Honor above all." I firmly believe that they strive to achieve this. It is a well balanced school with Academics geared toward college preparation. They offer a wide variety of sports and some are offered even at the JJV level. I also am very impressed with the arts and marching band. Not many schools of this size offer so much and do it so well for the price. I have 2 children in upper school that have been attending since the 7th and 8th grade. They have been greatly supported and guided by the teachers and administrative staff. They also have a very strong Alumni base and almost all of the students, faculty, and board give to the Annual Fund. That says that they believe in their own school! I am very pleased.

Nansemond-Suffolk Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2014
My son is now a 10th grader and has attended NSA since kindergarten. I started to regret my decision to send him to this school around 7th grade, but continued because my son didn't want to change schools. Students have left this school and gone to IB programs in the area because the education is better.The academics and teachers are marginal and the administration is totally clueless about the components of a quality education. The true test will come in 2 yrs when we apply to colleges. Hopefully he will be able to get into a school that will make up for all the money I have spent unnecessarily.

Nansemond-Suffolk Academy 1

Posted January 06, 2014
Don't waste your time or money with this school. There are other area private schools that are much better. We found this out the hard way at the expense of our child...time wasted at NSA.

Posted December 22, 2013
NSA offers much more than a quality academic program. The experience at NSA is priceless. As a parent, I appreciate all that the school is and does each and every day. Highly recommended!

Posted November 21, 2013
After looking at several independent schools in the area, we decided to send our children to NSA. It was the best choice and investment we have ever made for our children. My children started at NSA in Pre-K and have loved every teacher they have had at NSA. Each teacher takes the time to get to know them as individuals and finds a way to challenge them each and every day. The opportunities for students are endless - even in the Lower School as they have many after school clubs, athletics and math/science initiatives. The school focuses on character education and giving back which I believe has has all helped to make my children more well-rounded. I couldn't be happier with our choice and NSA! I highly recommend this school over all others in Hampton Roads!

Posted November 21, 2013
It's nice to see that NSA strives to provide ABOVE and beyond what has come to be expected from others. Again, thanks to NSA Staff for showing in every way that all things matter!

Nansemond-Suffolk Academy
3373 Pruden Boulevard, Suffolk, VA  23434
Last modified Nansemond-Suffolk Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Nansemond-Suffolk Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top