Suffolk Christian Academy 2

Posted May 22, 2015
A thoroughly detailed list of why we feel the way we do about this school can be read in my detailed review. It offers many explanations as to why we felt the tuition rates did not match the educational needs of today's children...in our opinion.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 22, 2015
While homework is absolutely vital to success and I believe it has a great impact on worth ethic, typical homework at this school tends to be on the heavy side. In addition while I strongly agree that every parent should take on the teacher roll at home...this school tends to rely on the parents as educators more so than the teachers. It makes you wonder about the layout of the academic timeline on a day to day basis at school. Often assignments are sent home with notes stating that they have become part of the homework since they ran out of time in class. This happens throughout various grade levels.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
See detailed review below for several reasons the strongly disagree vote was cast. I do hope it shines some light on topics of concern for prospective parents and their children.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 22, 2015
Should bullying occur, the solution is never to reprimand the child...the solution, while perfectly valid as part of the total solution, is to pray about it.

Posted April 28, 2014
Awesome!! We have great teachers that give individualized attention. The principal and school board keep the end result in mind, but don't sacrifice the here and now for that end. Facebook posts for parents help to keep us informed of special days, etc. Would recommend this school to all races, cultures, religious back grounds. Great place for education.

Posted April 28, 2014
Our child has attended K-2nd grade so far at SCA. We really feel like our school community is family for the parent/teacher involvement. The teachers and staff are truly investing their hearts, knowledge, and care into a great education and environment for their students. This is of critical importance to us, since that environment and instruction are foundational and impact so much of our child's future. We feel so grateful and blessed to be able to send our child to SCA.

Posted April 21, 2014
Suffolk Christian Academy is a great school. This is my children's first year here. I have a 6th grader and a kindergarten. I am very pleased with the academics and even happier with the small teacher student ratio. Its nice that my 6th grader is not in a class of 32 students. My children are extremely happy. I feel very at home here. I would and have recommend Suffolk Christian academy.

Posted April 16, 2014
Suffolk Christian Academy is a fantastic Christian school with great academics and low student teacher ratios. My child has attended since Pre-k and is now in 4th grade. Since it's incorporation, and the new school board, the school has truly flourished! I would recommend it to anyone looking for an exceptional education for their children.

Suffolk Christian Academy 4

Posted April 11, 2014
My children have been enrolled in Suffolk Christian since age 4 I love the feeling knowing my children are well cared for and loved here It feels more like family The staff are very caring and loving I agree with the parent who said they love the return on their investment I agree, it is an investment and one you cannot afford NOT to do I am happy to say SCA is our "home"

Posted April 10, 2014
Great school with a family feel and a rigorous academic program. Strong values and learning through a biblical worldview, serve to strengthen the educational experience and enrich the child.

237 N Main St, Suffolk, VA  23434
Last modified Suffolk Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Suffolk Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top