Posted September 29, 2014
Creekside is a joke. It is WAY overcrowded. The parking lot is not even remotely equipped for the population. The front office staff are SO RUDE! No one treats you with an ounce of courtesy. The buses are ALWAYs late. Every teacher is just going through the motions. If I could use another address to get my kid to Nothern Shores I would!! Creekside is terrible school. Send your teachers for more training! Better yet....start fresh!!!! Figure out some policies and procedures that work...then stick to them! You are only making the kids suffer and making the parents very angry! Try running it like a school for once and see if you get better results. At this point in time, you are failing in every way. I feel bad for every one of those kids there. If the faculty and staff are as rude to the kids as they are to the parents they need to be FIRED!

Posted September 29, 2014
This school just drops the ball completely. Terrible. Unorganized. Rude. The staff and faculty up front are particularly mean. They act as if you are bothering them when you want them to do their job. Maybe they should retire. Get some people in there who want to work with kids!!!!!!!!!!

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted May 10, 2014
My child has attended Creekside for 3 years now. I am pleased with the level of instruction and her teachers are always available immediately by phone or email. They have an awesome school librarian who is creative in her teaching approaches. The school nurses office is very responsive and caring. I am overall very satisfied with the school.

Creekside Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2013
Creekside is a good school. There is room for improvement. I think the Administration and Teachers do the best they can with the large number of students. We look forward to a new year.

Creekside Elementary School 4

Posted June 11, 2013
My daughter is in Kindergarten and I'm very happy with the school thus far. They have more than one option for before/after care, access to several activites through both the school and the city, and very good teachers that share responsibility for the children across that grade.

Creekside Elementary School 5

Posted May 15, 2013
I love Creekside. My daughter began Kindergarten there in the middle of the year. She has learned so much more there than where we had been previously. Her teacher has great communication with me and is always available, returning phone calls, email and notes right away. I am amazed at how quickly my daughter has learned to read. Great school!

Posted September 25, 2011
This school was such a disappointment to my husband and I. We had such high expectations when the school first open in our neighborhood, that we decided to enroll our son there instead of keeping him enrolled in the private school he had gone to in pre-K4 and K5. His 1st grade and 2nd grade year was ok but nothing to write home about, but last year I was so excited that he was going to have the 3rd grade teacher who had been voted teacher of the year in the past. My excitement soon turned into a nightmare, his teacher did not communicate any upcoming test to us ahead of time, we had no pre study notes come home and when I asked about this we were told the kids had gone over everything in class. Well that may work for college students but when you have a class with over 20 kids and other things to teach doing the day, most kids will not retain the info presented early in the day and be able to test on it the following day. We tried to have meetings with his third grade teacher, but nothing ever changed and after meeting with her on several occasion we decided to take our son out of Creekside. Now our son goes to school happy and does not wonder why his teacher hates him.

Creekside Elementary School 3

Posted May 04, 2011
Both of children havegood teachers but they do not have any support. The classes are crowded and have many children with discpline problems and nothing is done when problems arise. I have heard of many issues from other parents pertaining to bullying and nothing being done about the situations. The librarian is one of the best in any school my children have attended. She is probably the main reason I have given thisschool 3 stars. This school could be better if they had better leadership.

Posted February 25, 2011
I wish I could give Creekside a higher rating, but we are not at all satisfied. I love my childs Kindergarten teacher. Having over 25 kids in her class with NO help, she does the best she can. Mrs. Bowers-Rountree, the principal, is very hard to get in touch with. Email, stop in, call... she will never get back in touch with you & if she does, she will say, "I didn't get your email, it must have went to spam". I've heard this from other parents too. This year my childs Kindergarten class was shown Michael Jacksons, "Thriller" video in music. No, I'm not kidding. This was completely ridiculous to show a group of 5yr olds. My child was scared for several days after this, as were SEVERAL students from the class. The music teacher did not get into any trouble for this either. My child reads on a 2nd - 3rd grade reading level & is also advanced in other subjects. There is no gifted program, except 15 mins. of AR reading a week. They are suppose to just sit & read while the rest of the class catches up.

Creekside Elementary School 5

Posted January 11, 2011
Creekside Elementary is a great school for any child to attend. Mrs. Thompsons is a great 1st grade teacher who is very evolved with her students. My son has learned so much this school year from her and I'm very impressed with her teaching methods.

Creekside Elementary School
1000 Bennetts Creek Park Road, Suffolk, VA  23435
Last modified Creekside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creekside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top