Sutherland, VA

Posted October 03, 2014
Sutherland feels very family oriented which means a lot to me. My daughter is in first grade and we have been highly impressed with the teacher she had for kindergarten and her first grade teacher as well.

Posted December 14, 2010
My children attend Rohic and then Sutherland was built and they moved the children just down the street..This is a AWESOME school and the staff is TOP notch...I was volunteer, sub. teacher and PTO president through out our 4 yrs we were there...I speak very highly of this school. With us being in the military we have seen our share of elem. schools and out of 7 elem. schools...Sutherland is at the TOP of the list. You asked how did I get 7 because I have a 16 yr old also :-) All the teachers there are very good. Mrs. Miller is awesome and Ms. Mayton, and Mrs Brockwell is outstanding. The principal (Mrs. Baskerfield) is truly the best principal we have ever had. If we could go back to Dinwiddie Sutherland is the school for us...

Sutherland Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2010
My son and daughter both attended Sutherland Elementary (formerly Rohoic). We had some really great experiences with the teaching staff, especially Mrs. Harris. She had our son from K to 1st grade and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher. Thanks Mrs. Harris for all you did. Mike and Melissa

Sutherland Elementary School 0

Posted March 14, 2009
Sutherland Ele. School is Great!!!! The teachers are wonderful and principal and vice pincipal are great!!! I wouldn't send either of my children anyway else.

Posted December 02, 2008
I have had nothing but the best experiences with this school. We had Mrs. Goodykoontz for kindergarten and Ms. Mayton for first grade. My son adores both of them and they have given him the individual attention that he needed. I have always felt very welcome when calling or visiting the school. The school is brand new and beautiful. I feel like any student would be lucky to go to a place that is so caring and focused on the students as a whole and as individuals.

Posted June 16, 2008
My son attended Kindergarten here for 07-08. His teacher and the whole staff was wonderful. Ms. Harris was his teacher (she is moving to 1st grade now) .. but she was so wonderful with my son- he just adores her.

Posted May 10, 2006
My first-grade daughter loves school! We recently moved to the district from out-of-state, and when I requested a conference from the teacher, I received an immediate response with the conference happening the very next day. Rohoic makes learning fun for the children and tries hard to involve the entire family in school. A+ for Rohoic!

Sutherland Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2004
The teacher that my child has,has NO patience and does not explain to my child the instructions when asked for help.There is poor communication with parent teacher,when asked for meeting i never get a responce untill it is convient for them?I will be removeing my child soon.

Sutherland Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2003

Sutherland Elementary School
6000 R. B. Pamplin Drive, Sutherland, VA  23885
Last modified Sutherland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sutherland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top