Bad
Good

Sutherland feels very family oriented which means a lot to me. My daughter is in first grade and we have been highly impressed with the teacher she had for kindergarten and her first grade teacher as well.

My children attend Rohic and then Sutherland was built and they moved the children just down the street..This is a AWESOME school and the staff is TOP notch...I was volunteer, sub. teacher and PTO president through out our 4 yrs we were there...I speak very highly of this school. With us being in the military we have seen our share of elem. schools and out of 7 elem. schools...Sutherland is at the TOP of the list. You asked how did I get 7 because I have a 16 yr old also :-) All the teachers there are very good. Mrs. Miller is awesome and Ms. Mayton, and Mrs Brockwell is outstanding. The principal (Mrs. Baskerfield) is truly the best principal we have ever had. If we could go back to Dinwiddie Sutherland is the school for us...

My son and daughter both attended Sutherland Elementary (formerly Rohoic). We had some really great experiences with the teaching staff, especially Mrs. Harris. She had our son from K to 1st grade and we couldn't have asked for a better teacher. Thanks Mrs. Harris for all you did. Mike and Melissa

Sutherland Ele. School is Great!!!! The teachers are wonderful and principal and vice pincipal are great!!! I wouldn't send either of my children anyway else.

I have had nothing but the best experiences with this school. We had Mrs. Goodykoontz for kindergarten and Ms. Mayton for first grade. My son adores both of them and they have given him the individual attention that he needed. I have always felt very welcome when calling or visiting the school. The school is brand new and beautiful. I feel like any student would be lucky to go to a place that is so caring and focused on the students as a whole and as individuals.

My son attended Kindergarten here for 07-08. His teacher and the whole staff was wonderful. Ms. Harris was his teacher (she is moving to 1st grade now) .. but she was so wonderful with my son- he just adores her.

Last modified Sutherland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.