No rating

Star Bethlehem Christian Academy

Private | PK-3 | 49 students

Student diversity

Extended care

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Triangle

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $280,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,250.

Posted July 16, 2013

Too many family members work there, which makes favoritism to others. Bad manners to students and staff.

Posted May 13, 2013

My daughters attended SBCA in 2010-2012. The curriculum is outstanding and they learned a lot while enrolled there. My youngest child had over 20 kids in her K-4 class, while my oldest had only five in her 1st grade class. I would say that the only drawback was I felt the school had their "favorites" so at every school program you would see the same children perform. But overall the teachers and staff were great and I highly praise the curriculum. For the 2012-2013 school year I decided to enroll my children in Prince William County schools.

Posted April 11, 2011

My kids have been attending SBCA for two years now. We are originially from New York. My oldest child attended a Christian based school from the age of 3 to 5 years. I have to say that the curriculum that they are receiving at SBCA is outstanding. How many children do you know in the Pre-K or K can write in cursive or that are reading on first and second grade levels. How many do you know that are addinig and subracting. SBCA major fault is parents involvement. There are not too many places that keep a teacher for years. It may seem excessive for some since this is a small setting. I am very satisfied with SBCA.

Posted March 14, 2011

Wow. I'm surprised at the review of the previous reviewer. But to each his or her own. I have nothing but compliments regarding the school. Great Christian (Abeka) and academic curriculum mirroring the things I teach at home. My son loves it and also his teachers. He has seen the same faces since arriving at the school several years ago with the exception of two. They didn't return after the new school year as one retired. The other was a new teacher found a job closer to her home (it was an hour plus commute for her). My son does quite well in academics--reading and writing. His teacher gives me DAILY reports on how he is doing. I am able to spend 5-10 minutes with her discussing his progress and what I can do to ensure he is grasping new concepts. I don't know too many school campuses that have that kind of one-on-once access to teachers. His class size is small. He gets perfectly indvidualized care and instruction. I've watched his confidence improve and his academic and Christian walk excel. He currently has computer time in the computer room. Though not the latest and greatest, they are far from obsolete. Recommend! Just needs more parental involvement.

Posted February 14, 2011

This "school" is a joke. Look at St. Francis and Calvary, then look at this place-why would you want to send your child here? Cause it's cheap??Outdated building, run-down playground, no use of technology within the classroom (no computers, smartboards, overhead, anything) textbooks dated from 1996!! I pulled my daughter out after looking into other schools in the area that were better and that treated their students and staff (notice how many teachers come and go?there is a reason for that!) with respect. I wouldn't recommend this "school" to my worst enemy. There are much better private schools in the area around the same price.

Posted August 12, 2010

Both of my children will be attending Star Bethlehem Christian Academy in the Fall; this will be my daughter's first year and my son's third year and I am so excited for both of them to be there. How many three and four year olds can't recite all the books of the Bible and remember Bible verses that correlate to every letter of the alphabet. The staff members are dedicated to providing a nurturing and Christian based environment. I would recommend SBCA to anyone in the area.

Posted August 10, 2010

I have three children and one granddaughter who have and now attend SBCA. All of my dealings with Star have been positive. They have a loving and caring enviroment. It is a Christian base school and they teach the children manners, responsibility, respect, honesty and how to trust in God. They have a successful graduation rate. Most students who have attended this school finish college.

Posted May 1, 2009

My daughter attended this school from preK-3 to 2nd grade. The curicullum is outstanding and the teachers are awesome. The teachers and staff provides a social environment focused on learning. My daughter loves this school.

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

Po Box 409